L Drums On Ebay

QUOTE (Ron Mills @ Dec 7 2006, 11:52 AM)
I don't know if anyone else has posted this, but it looks 'interesting. Seller sez "parts are in USA, shipping time less than 1 week", but he's in Europe.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Thompson-1928-Orginal-...1QQcmdZViewItem

http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/cop.gif jmho

QUOTE (Jack Wright @ Dec 7 2006, 09:07 PM)
I bought a Bridgeport L drum from him--reasonable price, drum in excellent overall
condition. The drum was already in the U.S., so no worry about importing it. Very
pleased with the transaction--would definitely buy from him again...

So I guess if you don't care "how" it was imported it should be no problem....

I dunno... I would stay away for importation reasons.

First - Bad english - someone who probably isn't from the country and doesn't understand the laws

Second - mistyping dollar values, e.g. 6,50 versus $6.50, not to be xenophobic, but see #1.

Third - He claims to be from New Jersey, where the mere posession of these items is prohibited. My guess - he is not in the US anyway.

And finally ===> "SAYMOUR" !!! http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/smile.gif

All they have to do is look at the people he sold them to on gunbroker when he gets busted. It just seems like a risky thing to do legally on many levels.

Chris.

QUOTE (Z3BigDaddy @ Dec 8 2006, 01:25 AM)
QUOTE (Norm @ Dec 7 2006, 11:58 PM)
Looks iffy to me.

Here is a WW2 drum that has no bids on it; not a bad price either....

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem....p?Item=61690273

Norm

same person.......

Z3,

You could be right. http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/ohmy.gif After looking at the gunbroker ad, I noticed the same "$6,50" for shipping.

According to the eBay ad, he is some where in Poland.

Norm

I guess the answer is we all want to know is .... Jack, what is the address where did the one you got actually get sent from?

If it was sent from within the US, then it should be plenty OK.

I agree without that answer it is very iffy.... and you will have no recourse if the drum never shows up.

QUOTE (Jack Wright @ Dec 8 2006, 08:51 AM)
The mailing address for the drum I bought was Arlington, VA.  The drums are already in
the U.S. (who knows, maybe they always were) and are mailed by an associate of the
seller.  Good drums at good prices!

Just a little history.... I contacted this guy back in the day.... In fact I bought a drum... kind of... but when I questioned him on the provenance and in fact was imformed they were being shipped from outside the USofA I told him no thanks... He was very polite and told me he understood..... He has changed his marketing, he was going under the name obligar or something....... He has become more and more sophisticated as to what the buyer wants to hear...... I can just about guarundamntee you these are not being imported thru normal channels.... Just because it was shipped to you from VA doesn't constitute even prima facia evidence as to how they were imported.... But once again maybe I'm way off and this guy is getting permission when no one else is able to..... After all I am the staff m/m......

btw---> I've never heard of anyone being ripped by this seller..... I just kinda wonder where his stuff comes from....

This might sound like a stupid question, but if the seller states that these drums are in the USA, what would the penalty be to the buyer if they are actually being shipped from Europe?

Dave http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/unsure.gif

Why are you assuming that these drums were imported from outside the US? From what

I understand (although I obviously can't prove it) is that this guy buys and sells stuff in

different countries. He could have acquired the drums in the US and sold them in the US

even though he is personally located in Poland. I can, however, say with certainty that

I bought a drum in the US which was made in the US, and I would do it again...

oh cheese!!! is this going to start the mccoy, buzz sawyer feud. over imported part's, made in japan,imported from china, and stamped in germany again??

and brought in russian marked dog crate's from iraqeestan............

this has been beaten to death as much as my { made up} saw m249 sale { me bad}wink!

can't we all just get along and buy what we want when we want.and not post all the deal's..........?????

take care,Ron

okay waiting for the rock to be turned over>>>michigan come in are you out there michigan..static michigan, crackle michigan..Jericho

QUOTE (colt21a @ Dec 8 2006, 11:48 AM)
oh cheese!!! is this going to start the mccoy, buzz sawyer feud. over imported part's, made in japan,imported from china, and stamped in germany again??

this has been beaten to death as much as my { made up} saw m249 sale { me bad}wink!

can't we all just get along and buy what we want when we want.and not post all the deal's..........?????

take care,Ron

okay waiting for the rock to be turned over>>>michigan come in are you out there michigan..static michigan, crackle michigan..Jericho

ron another comment without commenting? hey guys do what you want to do and rationalize how ever you want to....

QUOTE (Jack Wright @ Dec 8 2006, 11:22 AM)
Why are you assuming that these drums were imported from outside the US?

Uh, because he told me so...... email him and ask him how the drums were aquired and how they came to the US... He was forthcoming with me I assume he will be with you.... The nice thing is that you can get good buys usually, as most are wary of buying from him.....

last post on this subject

QUOTE (Z3BigDaddy @ Dec 8 2006, 12:03 PM)
QUOTE (colt21a @ Dec 8 2006, 11:48 AM)

take care,Ron

ron another comment without commenting? hey guys do what you want to do and rationalize how ever you want to....

on the word's of a quote from Big AL.

i don't have one or any of these drum's...and i really don't care who doe's..and where do you think ryton got the drum's from?

a leetle pakistanny rug trader...

sometime's we all just can't let a sleeping dog lay.

we just have to kick it till it bite's..then we run away fast!! wink!

yep last post..until i bring up a metal part's box..wink!

have a nice holiday stay safe.and healthy!

take care,Ron

In his eBay auction, it says that his location is in Poland.

Now this doesn't mean that the drum is not in the USA, but it is enough for me to pass.

The import laws are just to strict now.

Hopefully, I am wrong and someone here will enjoy a nice Bridgeport L drum, but it looks to suspect for me.

Norm