A Tribute To Pk

Last year I sent my 1927 Deluxe Kahr Semi in to PK along with some GI mags, a GI Mag catch, and a Kahr L drum. I asked for a tune up because it was a problematic (imagine that?) Kahr and I wanted PK to refinish it like a 1928.

It was with PK for quite a long time.

When I received it I took it out and shot 300 rounds through it without a failure. Something that had NEVER been done.

The 1928 style bluing garnners lots of Oh'sand Ah's.

PK, you're the man! I'd recommene you to anyone, anytime.

Thanks

Coz aka Randy Cosby, Owner Northwest Houston Tactical

Coz,

PK did my '28 and folks still can't believe that it is not an original. I'm in South Montgomery Co and will be bringing it to the New Year's Eve shoot. Hit me up for a mag dump!

Coz,

PK did a fantastic job on my Kahr reproduction as well!

I won't part with mine. But the wife will after my passing. http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/wink.gif

The man is not only an artist, but a great person to boot!

Z

Hey Phil - grab your copy of Hatchers Notebook

and read the Chapter "Bullets from the Sky" where

the Ordnance Department circa 1920's did studies

to see if there

was any danger from shooting straight up the the air

such as anti-aircraft fire, etc. I believe the conclusion

was that projectiles falling back to the ground were

relatively harmless - at least in .30-06 where the

drag of the bullet against the air prevented dangerous

velocities...then again, they did not try it with .45 ACP.

Bob

If the bullets come straight down, then they do not pose a huge amount of danger; though it would still hurt a lot. When the bullet comes down it is tumbling and like being hit by a marble droped from about 150 feet.

It is when people shoot at angle, say 75 degrees or so, that makes the return bullet dangerous and very deadly. I think the reason is because the bullet will still be twisting and can penetrate deeply into something or someone.

Wow, I guess a full L Drum dump at midnight is out. I do not want any marble like projectiles hitting me or my guests and I do not want any bad luck. That would be a terrible way to start the New Year. How about a M16A2 mag dump with tracers straight up?

Norm,

You might want to reconsider, or wear a very thick steel helmet when doing field tests.

NEVER shoot up in the air! http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/cop.gif

Everything said earlier is just theory and observation.

Norm http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/nono.gif