What is standard practice on class III purchase?

tnhog

Theres good money to be made from buying and selling . A nice easy job. Hopefully I can stop myself from keeping too many for my personal collection.

Unless you are really into it full time, there isn't enough consistency to really make a living. I buy collections, estates, police trade-ins and evidence guns. When I have inventory, I make good money, but it's feast or famine. I sometimes go months with no inventory.

Dan

Even I've sold a couple things lately, but most of what I have would be very difficult or impossible to replace so selling would be final. Sold a parts kit that cannot be replaced and rifle with accessories where that package probably cannot be replaced. Now what do you do with a big pile of cash? Buy overpriced inventory? I did buy a gun at auction a couple months ago that I owned 15 yrs ago and got it for less than I sold it for, so for those that think prices always go up are in for a big surprise!

Ive got all of it sitting at Edward Jones waiting for the market to crash to buy in low. Wont invest at high end of the market. Market goes up? I win. Market drops? I buy in low with a major chunk of cash. I win

Im old and have nothing left Id like to own. Cant travel with covid restrictions. Im collecting money now.

I would like to but cases of ammo. Not until 9mm gets under $200. Ill insulate my house with cases of ammo if the price gets back to normal

Edited by huggytree

you should consider buying a machine gun. Indeed subguns are not always exciting, but sawing trees down and cars in half as fast as a chainsaw 200 yds away is quite an experience....and so safe too!. I know a couple guys that cut down an old silo. Or going to a buddy's range and blowing holes in his 1.5" plate steel before the chains snapped off from the beating. He thought nothing would go thru that? He only got annoyed when I blew holes thru the AR500 plate. Currently it seems you can run a beltfed for less than a 9mm subgun LOL

Ive made $24,000 profits off the guns Ive sold... Making 50-120% off of them... Im almost making 100% on it... Ive made $15,000 profit on all that stuff too... Just grabbed a Luger locally for $850. Its too prestigious to shoot so I decided to sell. Should bring $2000-2500.

Forwarded to my friend the Internal Revenue Service for review... ;)

Ive made $24,000 profits off the guns Ive sold... Making 50-120% off of them... Im almost making 100% on it... Ive made $15,000 profit on all that stuff too... Just grabbed a Luger locally for $850. Its too prestigious to shoot so I decided to sell. Should bring $2000-2500.

Forwarded to my friend the Internal Revenue Service for review... ;)

Please note you are judged by the friends you keep.

If I'm buying I like partial payment upfront and then final payment when the approved Form 4 is received by the seller. Some sellers of course will not do so. It motivates the seller to promptly get my item to me.

If I'm selling I like all the money upfront. I thought Ruben paid (albeit a "wholesale" price) up front, which was a good reason to sell to him if you or your heirs didn't want to hassle with selling.

Edited by Robert Henley

My 2 cents:

If you are going to do a contract, one thing to specifically note is the transfer status of the item: fully transferable, pre-86 dealer sample, or post-sample.

On more than one occasion, somebody thought they had a transferable when they actually had a pre-86 dealer sample and item picked-up a

restriction on transfer...

My 2 cents:

If you are going to do a contract, one thing to specifically note is the transfer status of the item: fully transferable, pre-86 dealer sample, or post-sample.

On more than one occasion, somebody thought they had a transferable when they actually had a pre-86 dealer sample and item picked-up a

restriction on transfer...

Good point...also for transferables - add whether the machinegun is C&R eligible or NOT.

Edited by maxfaxdude