Anybody dealt with Autoweapons.com?

I have not been able to find a record of Mr Kelerchian being sentenced, but I did come across this case where a federal court upheld the non-renewal/revocation by the ATF of the FFL's that Armament Services International needs to continue in business. The wheels of justice move slowly because they are so heavy. But when they catch up to you, you will get crushed. it looks like that time is coming for Vahan and ASI.

https://www.paed.uscourts.gov/documents/opinions/17D0797P.pdf

Sold two items to Vahan several years ago. One was NFA and one was not. Transaction went very smoothly. Found him to be easy to deal with and very quick payment. Met him once at the Louisville gun show and found him to be friendly enough. All this went down before his current legal issues. FWIW

• 2 weeks later...

What became of Michael Free? Has he reported yet?

He's been in for a while now...

http://www.sturmgewehr.com/dalbert/MGBoards/Michael%20Free%20Prisoner%20Info.png

David

He's been in for a while now...

http://www.sturmgewehr.com/dalbert/MGBoards/Michael%20Free%20Prisoner%20Info.png

David

Thanks, didn't see him at the October Knob Creek and was curious about his status. He had been showing up regularly after his trial.

Michael received a 2 year sentence to be followed by 3 years supervised probation. upon his release, he will then be tried on state charges related to the resumption of his lighting business.

Thanks. It would appear his future is well planned out for him at this point.

He blamed the customers! I repaired some of these guns because one of the buyers were already my customers.

At one point he did have one "rare" MG listed for sale, which was offered for a very long time with an extended description and supporting affidavits. It was a German Maxim MG08/18, the air-cooled version of the watercooled MG08/15. Few were made.

He claimed in his ad that it had been confirmed as an authentic gun by Bill Vallerand, a longtime friend of mine now deceased, who was extremely knowledgeable about vintage MGs. If Bill had seen the gun he would have pointed out that it was a copy built from an 08/15. This was easily determined from the pics. Also, unknown to Vahan, the self proclaimed well informed MG expert, there are no registered examples or examples at all, of any 08/18s in the US. I recall that Stan Andrewski's name was also invoked as supporting the premise that the gun was authentic. Stan is also a longtime acquaintance of mine, and I don't know if he actually believed the gun was an authentic 08/18 or not. It was a fake, but was never revealed in the ad as such.

If Vahan could have transformed a Maxim 1908-15 into a Maxim 08-18 smg (see pic) that would have been a feat. But it does not stretch credulity to believe other unscrupulous dealers might have also altered and then misrepresented a shoulder stock/bipod water-cooled 1908-15 as an air cooled MG 08/18 light machine gun.

Curtis Earl sold a Maxim MG 08/15 "light" machine gun to Doug Champlin who in turn sold sold it in 2000(?). When did Vahan advertise this - too good to be true - air-cooled version?

post-110-0-77541400-1518488285_thumb.jpg

Edited by Arthur Fliegenheimer

Vahans business partners are now licensed and are running the business. No doubt they agree with his lawyer that he is a fine, upstanding gentleman, a patriot and did nothing wrong to have such grevious injustic perpetrated upon him by ATF and the State of PA. They did leave a voluminous paper trail of wrong doing!

Maybe those running his business will have learend a lesson here.

Arthur:

The pic on your post is not an MG08/18, which I assume you know. Vut for those who might not and who might care, that is a mysterious one-off Russian piece if I recall. The MG08/18 is simply an MG08/15 with a perforated small diameter shround for aircooling. Bad idea as the Maxim barrel is very thin walled for aircooled fround use so I suspect they were considering aricraft use vut the war ended. However, the receiver of an 08/15 is quite different at the front end, comfigured specifically for the jacket. It is easily seen as different than an 08/15.

This gun was on his site for a couple of years four or more years ago with false claims of its provanance. Despite my efforts to get him to stop claiming that it was an 08/18 and falsely attributing that claim to knowledgeable people who did nto make the claim, he was oblivious. I hav enothing good to say about him but will refrain from any comments. FWIW

Edited by Black River Militaria CII

Geefal,

the good news is rarely ever is a legit transferable ever destroyed in these situations. Fact is he and many of the other convicted felons I've heard of still own transferable guns.....they just can't posses them, so they sit often in limbo or are sold over time with arrangements made for transfer. I've bought a number of guns from felons over the years and none were fire sales. One guy even tried to scam me by selling me a post sample, taking the money and I waited months to find out the transfer was denied, then waited some more to get my money back. When I asked the ATF agent in charge of the disposition he laughed at me over the phone and told me "what did you expect when dealing with a multiple felon?" I wanted to ask what kind of jag are you when you took my form 4's on what you knew were post samples and submitted them and hung me out for months....but I held my tongue.

Plenty of transferables are destroyed by relatives and atf when paperwork does not accompany the gun and no one puts forth the effort to investigate, that's how most are lost. HTH

Interesting Bob that your opinion of Vahan is that he is the epic criminal for his actions of.........selling 416 uppers? Such a severe threat to public safety to garner an 8 year sentence? You don't seem to be too upset about the illegal 1986 ban and the perpetrators who illegally passed and enforce that? Clearly hating on the player and not the game? And as a purveyor of piles of post samples yourself.....seems a bit.....

Edited by johnsonlmg41
  • Upvote 1