Advanced Collection Of WW 2 Special Guns

That is the best collection of suppressed weapons I have ever seen, and the most Welrods in one place outside of the Pattern Room collection! More pictures please!

Soe, really a jaw dropping collection. If I may ask what country the collection resides?

Mike Hammer

Have a friend who would like to see this collection. He is a US Army Colonel assigned to Norway. I would like to pass your information to him. He is serving there now, and I am sure it would be a mutual great meeting for all parties.

Please PM me.

Sandman1957

Very nice, thanks for sharing them. The picture to the right of the Thompsons has some sort of unique thing I have not seen, on the top few guns of that picture, are they some sort of suppressed pistol?

Yes , British Welrods on the top . The rest look to be High Standards , prob'ly HD-USA SM . ( I really enjoy my one SM ).

Very nice collection of suppressed weapons . I only have three Americian ones , a MS , a M3 greasegun , and a H/R M65 .

Chris

Wow that is a wonderful collection!!!

I had a chance to buy a deac Suppressed 1928 Thompson in the mid 1990's but I did not have the funds and I have not seen one since. I have only ever seen one deac Welrod for sale in the UK.

Regards,

D

Edited by 765 21D

Post #6.... I say Sweden or Norway. No one in America takes a gamble. Post #7 soe says Sweet Norway!

No one says " how the devil did canuck know that?"

So Canada 1, America 0 !

It should be obvious. Denmark and Norway both had large quantities of suppressed Stens and Welrods dropped for the Resistance. Sweden is right next door, and both Sweden and Norway allow collectors to own them. Even I know that and I'm just a dumb Kiwi!

soe

In the pictutre on the far right which shows a group of 4 silensed Hi Standard pistols. The top two are Model B pistols and have silencers that have been manufactured in the United Kingdom for SOE. The other two pistols are Model HD and assosiated with the OSS.

The two 'British' pistols appear to have some letters stampted at the muzzle end of the silencer, can you tell me what these letters are please?

There is a guy in the States that has shipping records for Hi Standard and can tell when the pistol was shipped from the factory to a US military store. In some cases these pistols had already been sold and were purchased back from retail stores. I can did the guys contact details out if you are interested.

As Woodsy says this is the best collection of Welrods outside the Pattern Room, not to mention the silenced Sten's. Thanks for posting .

Regards

AlanD

Sydney