The Thompson world loses a dear friend.

The Thompson community lost a dear friend Saturday. Glen Whitenberger died after a long battle with pancreatic cancer. Many of you who knew Glen know what a kind soul he was. A regular at Knob Creek since its beginning and all the TSMG shoots, Glen was always there with a smile and willing to lend a helping hand. And after the shooting was done we would share a "barley pop" or two. Everyone who knew could not help but like him. He was one of those special people always willing to give and not take. I know I am a better person since knowing him. We have all lost a great and knowledgeable comrade in arms. So if you are out shooting your Tommy gun today, dump a mag or drum for Glen, he would like that. He will be deeply missed.

Chris Holtzclaw aka Chopper28

That is sad news, I never got to meet Glen unfortunately. I do know that he was a great Thompson fan with a kind heart.

Rest in peace Glen,

Darryl

Edited by darrylta

Glen was our good friend. We would go to his house regularly. Not just to shoot, but to visit, ride the four wheelers or just hang out and have fun. Nobody was a stranger at Glens. I have learned more from him about every kind of machine gun or gun in general then any other person around. He knew more about every machine gun then the manufacturer did. I watched him strip down the John Dillinger gun to the bare bones in seconds. Cleaned the gun for the first time since old JD used it. The Sheriff told us it had not been cleaned since he had it, and you know the FBI sure wasn't going to clean it. He tore it down and reassembled it like he was teaching a class on surgery.

There are only a few people in this world that deserve true respect, he was one. And top on my list of a few. I will miss you dear friend. See you again one day.

I have a good friend that was a friend of Glen. He always had nice and wonderful things to say about him. Wish I would of had the opportunity to have met him. Rest in peace Glen.

The remembrance and toast for Glenn Askew from an exceptional bottle of Scotch will always be remembered as a special event in the history of The American Thompson Association. Glenn was everyones favorite at our yearly show and shoot. And then to learn of Glen Whitenberger's passing on the same day led us to toast Glen and all our great memories with him too. Glen and Beth are together again. If there is a Thompson gun in heaven, I am sure they have it! We had one more toast that evening. A wish that we would not be making any more toasts like this in the future.

TD said it best. A sad day in Thompson land.

To Glenn and Glen - a toast of Glenfiddich!