Helmer's New Thompson Book

That will bring back some good times.{Bought the first copy in 1969 while in the Marines Stationed at Camp Lejeune}that sent me on the Quest. Still have that Copy, Along with another. As Bill will tell you I am the only person that ever found the mistake in the book.

and on one evening meeting at Tommyguns Garage on State Street I pointed it out. We had a good laugh. As I told him I only had to read it fifty times to find it.

Hoping much Success For Bill, it was always his labor of love to get another done.

Colt21a{Ron}

We had Bill and his grandson over last weekend for our Memorial day BBQ and skeet shoot. Here is Bill shooting one of my Colts, he is such a wealth of information! Looking forward to his new book!

BILL 6.jpg

Edited by cubguy
  • Upvote 1

Cubguy-

Nice of you to do that for Bill. Good old friend.

One of the pictures should be on the dust jacket

Roger that. I like the one with him facing the camera...

Bill never changes- This is OCM ( left in shorts with wooden gun ) , Bill, a cut out Bill made and John's nephew at the famous spot at the Dillinger farm. More then a couple years ago-

da boys.jpg

april.jpg

• 1 month later...

Bill mentioned last week he got his copy of the book, so it's out there somewhere.

Good afternoon Gentlemen,

Chipotle Publishing is awaiting the book shipment to arrive at our warehouse any day now. The shipment is awaiting clearance at the docks in Los Angeles. Detailed a few posts above mine is the URL to the SAR website where you can purchase the book, we will also be reselling it via Amazon.com. I cannot set the website to allow orders until we receive the the books... but its almost here!

Ross Herman

Chipotle Publishing LLC

702-565-0746

office@smallarmsreview.com

• 2 weeks later...

Me too. In the old days, Bill could get me a free publisher's copy of his various books, looks like I have to step up to this one.

I should contact the Museum see if they want to sell back my old crime book collection= cold day in hell.

Looking forward to this one. ( again)

S

I would also be interested in obtaining the revised copy. I have the original one that was given to my mother, Juliet Thompson Debnam. She and my grandmother, Evelyn Thompson, contributed some family pictures. I am a new member of the site, and am the great grand-daughter of JTT. I met David Albert at the recent Thompson Gun Show and Shoot in Ohio this July. It has inspired me to go through all the memorabilia from JTT that were handed down to my sisters and myself. JTT was still very sharp mentally in the last years of his life in Great Neck, NY. He created an extremely comprehensive genealogy and wrote on the back of family pictures to make sure they were chronicled for posterity.
  • Upvote 1

I met you at the dinner in Ohio. If you want, I'll get Bill to autograph one for you

I would also be interested in obtaining the revised copy. I have the original one that was given to my mother, Juliet Thompson Debnam. She and my grandmother, Evelyn Thompson, contributed some family pictures. I am a new member of the site, and am the great grand-daughter of JTT. I met David Albert at the recent Thompson Gun Show and Shoot in Ohio this July. It has inspired me to go through all the memorabilia from JTT that were handed down to my sisters and myself. JTT was still very sharp mentally in the last years of his life in Great Neck, NY. He created an extremely comprehensive genealogy and wrote on the back of family pictures to make sure they were chronicled for posterity.

Jdgtex,

Welcome to the board and thanks again for coming to the show. It was great talking with you at the dinner and thank you for sharing the family history with all of us at the show.

Ron

Julie,

Welcome to the board! I enjoyed meeting you and your family, and it has been a pleasure corresponding with you on several occasions since.

I have Bills original copy why do I need the new book. Is it a totally different book or just a reprint.

When someone has read both books please enlighten me.

Thanks

Jim C

Jim,

There's an additional chapter, and some box features that were added, along with many pictures that were not in the original. I have not yet received my copy, but am looking forward to its arrival.

David Albert

dalbert@sturmgewehr.com