WTS: USGI 30rd Magazines - Unissued/Like New

All Sold...........

I have a box of mostly unissued 30rd magazines that I'd like to sell. These are mainly Seymour, Auto Ord and Crosby. I'm calling them "used" - but they are, for the most part, unissued and fresh out of the wax paper. No dents, dings or rust. Satisfaction guaranteed. I've been selling them on CMP Forum - my "handle" is the same as it is here - lots of positive feedback. Buy with confidence.

$25 each shipped

Email me at whitmerps@yahoo.com to order.

Thanks

Edited by whiskey6eod
  • Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

Much appreciated - I hope you enjoy them.

I have a box of 20 rd Colt mags I'm sorting through now - keep your eyes open - they'll be available soon.

I just bought 6 of these magazines (4 Seymour and 2 Crosby) and agree with what Kilroy posted above. The ones I received appear to be 100% unused, are in perfect condition, and I received them in just a few days. An excellent purchase for my PKed 1928 Westie.

Thanks for all the great feedback. I still have about 100 of these that need a new home.

The seller does not endorse the heating of flammable liquids...............(smile)

I should add that I don't either... I'm just saying what one World War II veteran told me they did.... Story went that they got new guns from the ordnance battalion that were soaked with cosmoline and one GI said "Hey gasoline works great to remove this stuff if we soak it!" then they went to do it in some cold place (maybe Belgium in December of '44?) and the gasoline wasn't cutting it. They started giving the wise guy crap and he came back with "well last time it was stateside and the gas was a lot hotter... Let's heat it over a potbelly stove". So they did. And he said it worked.

I have no doubt the heating would be effective Kilroy. I've used boiling hot water and gotten good results. I've used gas as well and gotten good results. But - I've never tried heated gas. (smile). All good my friend.

I have no doubt the heating would be effective Kilroy. I've used boiling hot water and gotten good results. I've used gas as well and gotten good results. But - I've never tried heated gas. (smile). All good my friend.

I believe you want to use a low flame when heating gasoline😜. Kinda like wearing a wool sweater with your 1989 Crown Vic with velour interior and talking on the cell phone while refueling as your fresh stogie is smoldering in your hand.

Obviously due to the low flash point of gasoline fumes it is not a safe cleaner albeit effective.

I wonder if the vets tale was distorted slightly over the years and they were using diesel or other fuel.

Either way, we have developed safer means to dissolve cosmoline over the years. I just use mineral spirits in a parts cleaning tank.

Ron

Edited as auto correct doesn't like cosmoline either.

Edited by ron_brock

One more method:

Warm them with a heat gun or hair dryer; most of the cosmoline will wipe off easily.

WD-40 (1002 uses) does a good job of removing the rest.

Then use the brake or carb cleaner for a final cleaning.

Don't leave WD in the magazines; it has a reputation for making dead primers.

Don't breathe brake drum cleaner; it has a reputation for making dead brain cells.

Edited by mnshooter

I got some of these mags and they are A1. The ones I received had a thin clear grease that is easily

wiped off as opposed to a heavy, thick grease like cosmoline. So if the other mags are like the ones I got

they are easily cleaned.

Bob

My six look like they were made an hour ago. Haven't tried to clean them, why tempt fate until I get a Thompson? As Bob said, it is a thin grease that should come off easy.

• 2 weeks later...

I just got 4 30rd mags delivered today and they are great, excellent condition. Thin coating of grease, should be easy to clean and the next two days are my days off from work. Guess what I'll be doing!! wiskey6eod was a great guy to do business with and provided great service. I may be ordering a couple of 20rd mags towards the end of June if he has any left by then.

• 2 weeks later...