New purchase from David Spiwak

Hello all,

I purchased this M1A1 from David Spiwak and want to share some photo's and my 2 cents. David took a beating on one of his Thompson's he had listed a few month's ago over his discription of the gun. I didn't know David prior to my purchase, I found him to be honest and reputable. I never felt he was out to lie, cheat or deceive me on my purchase or during my purchase. I would not hesitate to make another purchase from David he is an upstanding gentleman and stands by the items he sells, I just don't like seeing honest people getting trashed.

Regards, Andy

IMG_2357_1.jpg

IMG_2358.JPG

IMG_2359.JPG

IMG_2360.JPG

IMG_2361_1.jpg

IMG_2362.JPG

IMG_2363.JPG

Yep,

I've bought:

- Beretta BM-59

- NIB Vector full-size UZI

- NIB Vector mini UZI

- Auto-Ordnance Bridgeport 1928-A1 NAC Thompson

Traded:

- M-16 EA/RR with 9MM suppressed upper

- Factory Colt M16-A1

Plus bought a few non-NFA guns and odds and ends.

All as described.

Very honest and a nice guy to boot.

Edited by drfcolt

I bought my first machine gun from David a long time ago. It was a Mac-10 9/45 and at that time it was all I could afford.He explained the workings of the gun and how it was a beginners gun. He was very nice and I still talk with him when ever I get to see him. I still have that gun along with my Thompson and my M16. I think he is a great guy.

I did not have the same good dealings as you all had. He misrepresented his motives on a Thompson I sold to him. I had the gun priced below market as I wanted it to go to a private person to get started. I had no desire to be a profiteer. David contacted me Immediately and said he would take it. When I found out he was a dealer I told him my desire was not to sell it to a dealer. He then told me how this was for him and how he always wanted one but could never find one, yada yada yada.... So I relented and agreed to sell it to him as he seemed sincere... Well not only did he not keep it, he marketed and sold it before the paperwork transferred... Using my pictures! So I broke even and he made a BIG profit. YMMV.....

Edited by Z3BigDaddy

Guest title ii
I once asked David for FOIA documents on a weapon being offering for sale and he seemed disinterested in obtaining the paperwork from the govt. Made excuses that it's a too hard a process etc. Every mg for sale needs to have a paper trail and it should be standard practice especially when buyers are spending thousands of dollars. IMHO

Z3BigDaddy-Can I ask what manufacture your Thompson was and the serial number?????? Forgive me for being forward but I bought a '28 West Hurley from him back in Oct of 2014 and after I sent him the deposit and 2 months had gone by with no word as to when it would be transferring to my dealer I find out from his wife that it had not been transferred onto his books yet. I was VERY unhappy at the fact that I was not told up front that the gun was not ready for transfer. When I made the deal with him, it was set up that so much would be down and the rest upon transfer to my dealer, but when it took over 4 months to even get it into Ohio I was ready to tell him to send my money back.

He acted as if I was asking for the moon when I requested pictures of the Blish Lock slots to see how they were machined into the receiver. Upon explaining why I wanted to see them he snapped back that "he had never heard of West Hurley guns having issues with the Blish slots" Well pardon me but if I'm going to lay down my money then at least be willing to comply with a simple request.

The other issue I had was that once they received the paperwork for the transfer it was as if it was a hassle to get it shipped out the same week. I got a txt from his wife that it had shipped and requested a tracking number (which never came) then I get a call from my dealer saying that his FedEx driver called to inform him that he had a package for him and to confirm when he could deliver it. This was on Feb 13th and when I emailed finally got a reply to my tracking number request it was on the Feb 16th.....to which the basic point of the letter was "check with your dealer as they should have it by now" I was beyond pissed, to me that was and is very bad customer service. I know that $16,500 isn't that much to some but to me it is a pile. You would think it wouldn't be that hard to send tracking information.

The part that I did find ironic was the fact that he never told me (or didn't know) that the gun I bought had '21 internals in it. I have no use for them personally but I did think it was kinda funny that he didn't even notice it, didn't care, or didn't know the difference. He has had a couple other guns I've been interested in but after my first experience I won't be planning on buying from him again.

title ii,

I've done that with several guns. I had to write the request letter for the dealer, all he had to do was sign it

and mail it. In those days it was taking about 9 to 12 months for approval when the Maryland

State police was involved. Why not get it out of the way while your waiting was my reasoning :-)

Darryl