Petition Against The New Proposed EU Directive on Firearms.

Hello All,

I am posting this link to a petition against the new proposed EU directive on semi-auto and fully-auto firearms within the EU, as it will effect every person that collects deactivated firearms or uses deactivated firearms for reenacting in a very negative way.

https://www.change.org/p/council-of-the-european-union-eu-you-cannot-stop-terrorism-by-restricting-legal-gun-ownership

Regards,

D

• Upvote 1

i just hope the USA doesnt take a similar approach to fighting terrorism here....at some point terrotists will attack schools or a arena and kill hundreds/thousands by shooting at hundreds of unarmed people just standing there.........i hope when this happens we take the opposite approach and arm teachers and make school zones heavily armed zones where we protect whats most precious......rich people/politicians get armed guards......normal people in the EU vote themselves into being sheep at a slaughter house......

i wish you luck with your petition, but i think that cause was lost many years ago....and i believe before WW2 many Europe countries disarmed(i know England did)

Edited by huggytree

765 21D,

It is my pleasure to sign any petition protesting the stupidity of politicians who want to restrict the efforts of historians and collectors of deactivated firearms. Unfortunately, these people actually believe these restrictions and prohibitions will make them safer. When all the guns are gone and these people are slaves again to those that do not obey any laws, we can smile among ourselves that justice will finally be served. Of course, these same idiots will want help from the United States of America to rescue them - again. Our founders realized this stupidity and we are very blessed with the Second Amendment to our great Constitution. While we still have to fight for our gun freedoms on a daily basis, at least we have a vehicle that so far has served us well - even with all the idiots in our country. I believe our founding fathers had the experience and foresight to realize what the future would hold.

Please keep us informed! I would hate to see the many deactivated Thompson guns in Europe and the UK destroyed when there is still much to learn about this historical firearm - especially when these Thompson guns was part of what saved everyone asses in Europe and the UK during World War II. So soon the idiots forget!

TD.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Another reason the UK should leave the EU.

This is sad news. I had some friends from the UK visit. Standing in the man cave they asked if all of these were still active. I replied yes, for the moment, the US still trusts its citizens, however this will change with time if we become more "progressive" as some leaders would like us to be.

Ron

"…...the US still trusts its citizens,…". Hardly! The politicians have never trusted the citizens and never will. Government fear of its citizens is good and provides a psychological buffer between them and us that is only preserved by having an armed citizenry. The regressive and prohibitionist propaganda about firearms continues pretty much unabated from when I was a pre-teen in the 1950s. The elitist and preposterous falsehood that guns cause crime only really started to be actively and successfully opposed starting in the late eighties, early nineties. The bald misinterpretation of US vs Miller held sway as the supreme court precedence for all sorts of state and federal restrictive legislation against privately owned firearms for many years. The Heller decision finally took the bull by the horns reversing the unconstitutional decision in Miller and legally starting us down the path of the correct understanding of the 2nd amendment, and even that was a scant one vote positive decision. I continue to see ideological discussions of Heller by allegedly well educated people, who purposefully distort the meaning of "well regulated" in the 2nd amendment to mean or imply that "regulated" means restricted, and further, restricted by the state or government.

Politics is the art of lying sincerely, and the incessant lies and deliberate ignorance by politicians and all gunphobics about the danger of private ownership of firearms will never cease. gun owners have made great strides in the last twenty or more years, but the government will never trust its citizens nor should citizens trust their government.

​Oh yeah, forgot to add that the same governmental attitudes apply in spades to the UK's appetite for disempowering their citizens…...

Edited by Black River Militaria CII

The new specification is poorly drafted, by somebody who doesn't understand metallurgy, despite the existing one being fit for the purpose, and leaves the window open for criminals to smuggle firearms under the guise they are deactivated as there is no way of checking the deactivation work undertaken with this new spec.

Copies of the proposed U.K. draft of the April 8th Regulation, have been released by the Home Office, with the full E.U. bolt & mag welding changes, still in place.

Despite having been warned by the Proof Houses and NABIS that the current spec is 'fit for purpose' , and that the E.U. changes are flawed on a number of levels, the U.K proposed version is supposed to come into effect April 8th.

In addition to the Proof Houses being unable to process the flawed E.U. standards, no guidelines have been issued to deac firms who would have to work with the new spec, because no practicable and useable ones yet exist.

This is sad news. I had some friends from the UK visit. Standing in the man cave they asked if all of these were still active. I replied yes, for the moment, the US still trusts its citizens, however this will change with time if we become more "progressive" as some leaders would like us to be.

Ron

with all respect Ron, but we don't have to take lessons about gun laws from the UK, their laws have been alot stronger than our own Belgian laws, and this for a much longer time.

the new deactivation regulations is what you get when people are buying deact AK47's , rebuild them and use them against civilians. As much as I advocate freedom and liberty, these facts can't simply be ignored.

the problem as i see it with the EU: never underestimate stupid people in large numbers. We had a decent thing going before the fall of the iron curtain. The numbers went larger with the wrong countries, If the EU was made out of the western European countries (as it was in the beginning) things could have been great!

now about BREXIT, well the Brittisch have always been a bit pigheaded, I do understand them, but I don't think it will help them in the long run, the days of the great Brittish empire have been long gone, with a Brexit, they will get more isolated than they have ever been. Maybe a new order with the UK, Belgium, Germany, Netherlands, France and maybe Austria...........wouldn't that be a good thing?

Ron

with all respect Ron, but we don't have to take lessons about gun laws from the UK, their laws have been alot stronger than our own Belgian laws, and this for a much longer time.

the new deactivation regulations is what you get when people are buying deact AK47's , rebuild them and use them against civilians. As much as I advocate freedom and liberty, these facts can't simply be ignored.

the problem as i see it with the EU: never underestimate stupid people in large numbers. We had a decent thing going before the fall of the iron curtain. The numbers went larger with the wrong countries, If the EU was made out of the western European countries (as it was in the beginning) things could have been great!

now about BREXIT, well the Brittisch have always been a bit pigheaded, I do understand them, but I don't think it will help them in the long run, the days of the great Brittish empire have been long gone, with a Brexit, they will get more isolated than they have ever been. Maybe a new order with the UK, Belgium, Germany, Netherlands, France and maybe Austria...........wouldn't that be a good thing?

Casper,

You do not have your facts right at all, as the AK47's used in the Paris attacks on Charlie Hebdo were not deactivated weapons they were in fact blank firing guns from Eastern Europe, these guns were meant for the film industry and you are repeating the same stories told by the scaremongers of the EU.

Your comments about England are beneath contempt.

D

have not seen the guns, might be that your story is right, the work however to get them working is about the same, swap barrel and repair/swap bolt,

Maybe you don't see the problem, I do, we already have seen lots and lots of illegal rebuild guns over here, most of them in hands of collectors, some in hands of criminals, As a legal gunowner, we fear those rebuilds deacts more , just as we feared the legally free trade of the cheap Russian nagant revolvers ,because 1 thing is certain, they are not being held for recreative or competitve shooting,

however ,these things are not possible with current specs deactivated Brittish guns, I don't think the difference for you will be that great.

About England, well facts are facts, guncontrol in England is much much stronger than in Belgium, Netherlands, France, Germany,...... you will be about the only private owner I know that owns a life ,fully working, legal 1921? but it probably is also a deactivated one

and that might be the problem, getting your government to vote semi and maybe FA weapons ownership legal again

you don't have to take things personal, Belgium and England have a long long history of sharing knowledge and industries (industrial revolution,...) and I'm sure that most people in Flanders have the highest respect for the Brits,just as I do(we realy have lots to thanks the Brits for), but with the going under of the old industries, England is no longer the number 1 of the industrial world, just as we in Belgian lost our number 2 place to cheaper /more innovative countries

Edited by casper

have not seen the guns, might be that your story is right, the work however to get them working is about the same, swap barrel and repair/swap bolt,

Maybe you don't see the problem, I do, we already have seen lots and lots of illegal rebuild guns over here, most of them in hands of collectors, some in hands of criminals, As a legal gunowner, we fear those rebuilds deacts more , just as we feared the legally free trade of the cheap Russian nagant revolvers ,because 1 thing is certain, they are not being held for recreative or competitve shooting,

however ,these things are not possible with current specs deactivated Brittish guns, I don't think the difference for you will be that great.

About England, well facts are facts, guncontrol in England is much much stronger than in Belgium, Netherlands, France, Germany,...... you will be about the only private owner I know that owns a life ,fully working, legal 1921? but it probably is also a deactivated one

and that might be the problem, getting your government to vote semi and maybe FA weapons ownership legal again

you don't have to take things personal, Belgium and England have a long long history of sharing knowledge and industries (industrial revolution,...) and I'm sure that most people in Flanders have the highest respect for the Brits,just as I do(we realy have lots to thanks the Brits for), but with the going under of the old industries, England is no longer the number 1 of the industrial world, just as we in Belgian lost our number 2 place to cheaper /more innovative countries

Casper,

Facts are facts and you are not right about the A47's used in the Paris attacks, please do some research? Converting a blank firer back to live is a lot easier than converting an AK47 that has been deactivated.

My 1921 is an old specification deactivation and not live firing.... Your point is?

As for taking things personal you called the English pigheaded did you not? If we want out of the EU that is up to the people of England and no other country.

D

will not put up a fight for an already lost cause, as a legal gunowner ,we had our own problems , btw in Liege caused by...a reworked deact, this has costed us the right to own about 600 historic weapons legally without permits , if something shows up about an illegal gun collection in Belgium ,80% of them consisted of....reworked deacts, People ignoring this are just plain stupid We are getting tired of these illegal collections, putting legal gunowners in a bad light. Most of the collectors that I know in Belgium don't give a dime about deacts, but they do care about their legal fully operating guns, so if the new deact law will help us to keep our guns, we will embrace it.

I'm almost certain that alot of lobbying within this new deact law has been done by legal collectors, sports/ owners , to prevent the ban of semi auto rifles as what the original target was

all you can state is that the killings in Paris were not done with deacts, well the killings in Liege certainly were. And the deact rebuild guns in the illegal circuit are for real, not convinced? I can arrange you a meeting with some Law officers ,specialized in weapons , they can show you...

Casper,

First of all you appear to have a lack of respect for fellow board members, as you do not address people properly at all?

All I can go on about is AK47's? that is complete nonsense?

Do please share this evidence with me and all board members proving that deactivated AK47's were converted and used in terrorist attacks in Europe, as I will be forwarding your remarks and evidence to people who have a vested interest in these issues within the UK.

D

Edited by 765 21D

if you want hard evidence, come over, will put you in contact with some people from our Federale arms department, lots on confiscated stuff... ,will give you a coffee, maybe that way will talks easier,

not going into a "who has the largest" contest, I rest my case

if you want hard evidence, come over, will put you in contact with some people from our Federale arms department, lots on confiscated stuff... ,will give you a coffee, maybe that way will talks easier,

not going into a "who has the largest" contest, I rest my case

Hello Casper,

A coffee would be nice, but I am not coming to Belgium to get it.

I think I rest my case on this issue too.

D

Edited by 765 21D