C Drum Number 2404 For Sale on GB

It's somewhat interesting that the photos were taken nearly three months ago. Must be someone who plans ahead?

Totally beyond my meager budget. However, being the cautious type and for the amount of money I expect it might go for, if I was intending on bidding I would at least ask for more photos; requesting different views/angles (e.g., front view of cover with the winding removed and next to it, back view of key, etc.).

Just my thoughts.

Paul

Edited by pjr2412

Um, Drum in Montana, he's in Nevada and it was owned by someone in Idaho. Not that I have a dog in this fight, but..........it is up to $6500. Reserve not met.

He also has a box of Peters Shot Shells for $500.

From Dave Redler the person selling it

U-must not have been able to read my 2nd previous email? I'm in NV, then going to ID.

So, NO, can't come look at it as I'm not in MT. I do have the drum w/me as I think it'll sell as reserve is close to being met & then I'll mail it right out immediately to winner. So, if seriously interested, Bid - Bid - Bid - TO WIN!!!!!!! Thanx.

I have been trying to run him down as I would really like to see it. If he would allow me to pay in person with cash to pick it up I would consider it, but it seems he is unwilling to do this. Good luck to the buyer.

Guest 4WHLDRFTN

U-must not have been able to read my 2nd previous email? I'm in NV, then going to ID.
So, NO, can't come look at it as I'm not in MT. I do have the drum w/me as I think it'll sell as reserve is close to being met & then I'll mail it right out immediately to winner. So, if seriously interested, Bid - Bid - Bid - TO WIN!!!!!!! Thanx.

sounds scammish

sounds scammish

That's my concern. There is no place in Idaho that I cannot be in 6 hours of driving. I asked him if I bid and won could I pick it up and pay in person and he pretty much shot me down. If this is legit, all this chatter may put off a lot of people and someone may get a good deal, or it may be a scam. I would think an above board seller would answer any and all questions knowing the buyers concerns, that would get more buyers bidding and bring a higher price. This guy is too aloof for me. I am going to Vegas on the 2nd of May, I would rather take my chances at the craps tables. My 2 cents.

I have contacted the gentleman selling this. He told me he has sold many times on gun broker and he's not going to tell me his reserve, since he has had issues with that in the past.. This is a completely dubious statement, because he has only "1" feedback and that is buying something! Completely fishy.... I would not bid; proceed with caution and look at the other posts also. For your reading pleasure a few of his "response" emails back to me:

1.) "I've found disclosing reserve $'s on GB gets me nowhere - including people not even opening w/a bid. E.G., $1k for a 'C' drum..."

2.) "So,..? I'm new. Everyone starts somewhere. Have several items purchased but they are all Cl. 3 weapons, so no feedback until BATFE papers clear...thanx."

3.) "Maybe it was another guy I told this to - I've SOLD on GB - been thru the mill - but these are Cl. 3 NFA weapons & until BATFE clears the papers the buyer(s) won't/Can't(?) post any + feedback. All happy campers so far. No, I don't use pay-pal - heard bad things @ them. Also, since I'm NOT some gun dealer, I don't take CC's - I know that hurts me but as an individual person nothing I can do. I've alot of hard bark on me - I don't get offended easily & realize its a 2-way street on GB - 1st Buyer was so learry of me as a new seller (he was my 1st MG buyer) U-wouldn't believe what he requested of me to prove I was real & the gun mine. But, that's O'K - now he's bought several."

Edited by Kocapuff1

I always wonder about that myself on reserve auctions - which I'm disinclined to participate in. Seller can potentially run the bid up to make people believe the market will bear a certain price point...but $6500 doesn't seem out of line for a C-drum in that condition if it's a legitimate ad.