Richardson Bolt-On Grip Mount

Does anybody here have a Richardson bolt-on grip mount they don't need? I bought one from Richardson almost a year ago, along with a 2m2 ultimate receiver and 1 or 2 other items, all of which he claimed to have in stock. Never got the grip mount, and Doug said he did'nt know when he would make more. Just talked to him again a week ago, and he said "just watch my blog for info on when I'll make more" which I believe translates to "When I feel like making more, if ever." Doug is an artist with making thompson parts, but his customer service is borderline criminal.

So, anyone have a spare bolt on grip mount to sell?

"When I feel like making more, if ever." Doug is an artist with making thompson parts, but his customer service is borderline criminal."

Sheesh, he is blind and has unreliable help, cut him some slack. I think he is doing great considering the circumstances.

Is the grip mount for a dummy gun?

If so, I may have one that came with some IMA select kits years back.

It is not a GI made part, I would not put it on a live gun.

PM if your interested.

*Just noticed your header, the part I have is for the front grip hanger.

It is not a bolt on part, it fits in the receiver hanger slot and is held in

place by the barrel shoulder.

Darryl

Edited by darrylta

I spoke to Doug earlier this week. He told me he is totally blind and leaving for Belize on Friday to be with Madelon. His future plans are to return to the USA in July for another cornea transplant. Of course, plans change so I would call him today if you have any pending orders for an update. I believe he enjoys the telephone calls as it gives him something to do. His passion for all things Thompson is as strong as ever. My opinion: If Doug does not regain some of his eyesight it is doubtful he will be in the Thompson business much longer. Again, only my opinion...

Hope Doug gets everything worked out. he is a great person, And anybody who has had the benefit of knowing and dealing with him for over thirty years can tell you that. and in the not too distant future There will not be many left at all to continue any of it.

Like a WW1 Battalion. They fought, they tried, and now gone but for the Memory.

Colt21a Ron

Deerslayer, I bought the 2m2 receiver for a reason, as with the bolton gripmount, you can change barrels easily, no special tools required. I plan on converting this to S/A soon. And Doug assured me he had everything I wanted on the shelf. Quick change barrels means changing calibers for me.

I have thought about milling off a standard grip mount, but whoever does it(not me) would need some basic blueprint showing dimentions, especially for the screw holes. Doug has had plenty of chances to make more gripmounts, but he chose to make new lower receivers, experiment with folding stocks for the T. and other projects rather than taking care of his customers who ordered parts from him which he's not trying to build those paid for but unavailable parts.

A picture from Doug's Blogs of the actual "D/R Bolt-on grip mount".

It doesn't have a peg that contacts the barrel. It's just a flat bar.

The hard part is, of course, making the "#14 threads at the perfect angle......

Possibly this could be made up from a Auto-Ord / Kahr 3/4" resting bar, narrowed, drilled and countersunk for the screws....Phil

Grip%20Mount%20IMG_1599.jpg

Unless I missed it, the relevant part here is "I paid (have already) for it"... and now have given up...

Understand Doug's declining health. If this is paid for, he needs to deliver or refund. I am at the top of the list in respect for Doug's contribution to all things TSMG. Like Gordon Herigstad, Doug is a plank holder in our community. But, folks should not be left in the dark...

Edited by Sandman1957