Another PD Overstamp For Sale

Gun is already listed on Gunbroker #625810849....I emailed seller about sales terms and condition. Dr. Russell Owens replied and said gun will not transfer to a C&R and the department has had several requests for inspection that were all denied. There logic is that since it is a auction sale everyone will have a fair chance at ownership?

I got excited about it too. But the article is from 2014 and as far as I know the political climate would not allow it. I think it will be awhile before those scary guns will be sold.

Mr. Bill,

Thank you for posting additional information about the auction. No inspection prior to bidding. That is a different sales model! It will be interesting to see if the auction reaches the reserve price. I suspect the auction will easily pass the 30K mark. After that, with no inspection permitted, may be problematic. Or not.

If the Thompson is on a Form 5 it will transfer to a C&R - period. Whether or not they will accept a bid from a C&R or start transfer is another question. However, given the transfer times involved for an individual and/or C&R, I would want it out of the department as soon as possible and secure in my dealers safe. What are you going to do if the butt stock or actuator is changed out for GI parts during the transfer process while the gun is at the PD? What if someone decided to fire it one last time and bulged the barrel?

I love it when someone tries to sell something for an exorbitant amount of money and then take the worst pictures ever.

"Hey everyone. Buy my gun for $30,000+. Here's 10 small pictures of it with questionable lighting. "

Probably an amazing looking weapon, inside and out. But how can you tell that with those 10 pictures?

How much do you figure that gun is worth?

$35k? $40k?

It is kind of funny the way that sellers are often so haughty and stubborn. Like they're doing the buyer a favor.

They don't seem to realize that someone who's laying down maybe $40k for a collectable item might want to examine it.

At the minimum, the gunbroker auction should have lots of bright, clear photos.

Edited by buzz