Value of 1928 Thompson parts

What is the value of the following Thompson 1928 Parts? (not 1928a1)

Upper receiver with complete lyman sight

Lower receiver, matching number

complete trigger mechanism (no trigger frame)

mag release with no hole

fire control group checkered with hole in the safety lever

flat extractor

compensator with no bullet logo on the side.

i have a spare set of these that im looking to sell but dont know the correct value.

Thanks in advance.

http://i68.tinypic.com/kdk8ys.jpg

Edited by Joseph_T

I think a person can get a fine $250,000 and or 10 years in prison for the receiver. A wild ass guess for the other parts would be, the trigger housing can be sold in the $550 to $650 range because of the no hole mag catch and the hole safety lever, the ejector I have no idea, the actuator about $110, the blish lock about $45, and no idea on the compensator. But I am probably wrong on all count, except the fine and prison time, but I could be wrong on that too. Edited by ppgcowboy

i assume you'd be stripping parts out of the receiver...milled ejector is worth $100...i got a NOS one on line for $110 earlier this year

if its a cutts type 2 id be a buyer for a fair price

i assume you'd sell the lower as a whole part...not part it out

Given the condition of the finish on the parts I do not believe any of the parts would bring top dollar if in the USA. The no-hole magazine catch and knurled fire control levers are the best parts in my opinion. Next comes the milled ejector and possibly the compensator, but that would be a much harder sell. The grip mount may also have some value depending on condition. Everything else is readily available in the USA. Buying machine gun parts outside the USA is not something most buyers will consider.

This appears to be an early Savage Thompson, one with a New York, NY address. I believe it would be worth more as a complete deac than as a parts guns. If mine, that is how I would market it. Show the right side of the receiver!

Can you provide a picture of the serial number on the frame? Early Savage Thompsons are not common. I would like a picture for my reference collection.

Thanks!

Yes TD! i had problem yesterday with the website for uploading pictures,

So ranging on the 100$ for the milled ejector... what about other parts?

i think it will be easier to sell the trigger frame components apart from the trigger frame itself. So yes Davei sell them separately

http://i66.tinypic.com/9h4e4x.jpg

http://i63.tinypic.com/zpb0p.jpg

Edited by Joseph_T

I agree with Balder. This could certainly be one of the cash and carry Thompson guns purchased by the British in 1940.

Joseph_T,

Are there any British or military markings on the receiver, especially on the front where the barrel attaches?

All good stuff!

• 2 weeks later...

Finally received the packet and made some pictures, well finish is almost all off on all parts except a few...but the good thing is that the steel its actually very good, there is virtually almost no pitting at all, for this reason i was thinking about hi polishing re bluing the 1928..whats your tought about it?

Regarding other parts, all the internals are Savage, with the exception of the mag catch, it is checkered, with no hole, but not marked.. is this a signal that its a Colt one? :)

And on the compensator, i have seen some pictures of type 2 compensator, but noone of them also had the Thompson logo stamped above the Cutts logo.. if type 4 is the most common and type 2 its made like described before, i guess thats somehow a type 3??

post-260702-0-03209700-1496740821_thumb.jpg

post-260702-0-00166800-1496740856_thumb.jpg

post-260702-0-73759800-1496740828_thumb.jpg

post-260702-0-96402600-1496740871_thumb.jpg

post-260702-0-93718800-1496740895_thumb.jpg

post-260702-0-33528800-1496740913_thumb.jpg

post-260702-0-30120200-1496740929_thumb.jpg

post-260702-0-42217900-1496740939_thumb.jpg

Edited by Joseph_T