You know how I'm always praising the M1A1 ?

I have a late war Spreewerk factory CVQ P-38, that was captured by a Russian Sgt.when they took over the factory.He traded it to a American G.I. in Berlin. for a pack of Camels and a Hershey bar. The G.I. walked it back to camp passed by General Patton's Driver. He asked to see it The G.I. said take a look its like new. So it came back with paperwork, Was found in back seat of Patton's Staff car by his driver. Probably taken off a Waffen S.S. octupuss mein furher And worth tens of thousands.

OR THE REAL STORY:

It came back in a duffle bag to Queens. And sold by the grandson for a $1,000.00 bucks.

that is the story and I am sticking to it.

The P-38 was the last round or so about March 1945 right before the Zero series.The nice thing about it, It is still Like brand new.

Always buy the gun and check story later..

Colt21A Ron

This Mauser came back in a duffel bag...my dads!!! He was stuck in Berlin for a whole year after the end of the war because he didnt have enough points yet to come home. There was a section in Berlin called the black market where you could buy just about anything for a carton of American cigs. My dad took photos of the Russian, British and US soldiers all gathered around trading stuff. Im guessing this pistol came from a trade and not off a dead German officer ha.

BCD91CC3-3AA5-4403-8DB9-6AB1BE5982EA.jpeg

C22F4B67-1718-4FB6-9CBE-02D82F238BF0.jpeg

Looking at the pics on GB...correct me if I am wrong (eyes aren't what they used to be) but does it appear that the rear sight is spot welded and not riveted?

Nope, they look right. You can tell the heavy refinish on the receiver. The riveted area looks heavily parkerized. Like when someone paints over an area too many times.