Fox Thompson Cases - availability update

First, let me say again, thanks to all of you who have purchased one or more of our cases over the years. I have enjoyed making them and most of all meeting and talking with many of you. If you were on my waiting list and didnt hear from me please accept my apology - keeping up with the correspondence and inquires sometimes got the best of me. If that happened, and you would still like a case, send me a PM with your email.

All cases are still available based on my limited ability to find enough original hardware to make them. I still have small quantities of some of the hardware but have run out of key pieces - especially the large Eagle bolts used on the Police Case . The Police model is still possible without bolts or with restored bolts obtained from salvaged trunks and luggage. The average cost to find, purchase and restore a pair of the bolts adds an average of $100 to a Police case.

Lastly, we are starting on a small run of the L drum carrier cases. Several members have expressed interest. These will be available in a 5 or 6 drum configuration priced at $595 plus shipping. If your interested in one send a PM with your email.

Thanks,

Greg Fox

Note: someone asked if the handle and hardware will support the case and 6 loaded L drums.

The 5 drum case weighs in at 32lbs with 5 loaded drums. The 6 drum case weighs in at 38lbs with 6 loaded drums.

The handle loops are riveted with 2 rivets each, backed by a 5/8 washers for a total of 4 rivets and 4 washers per handle. The handles each have a continuous steel inner looped band running between the 3/4 heavy duty D rings. I have tested this arrangement on the gun cases with the same Eagle hardware with a 80lb hanging weight with no failures. Still, if you are planning on severe duty applications, I would choose a Pelican case!

Short answer: Most collectors want these primarily for display but they can be used to transport loaded drums if you choose.

1805D147-BA94-4E73-B6E3-A21AEE704C4A.jpeg 1C9CE50F-6BB0-4D50-BB66-E94D2C05B335.jpegB14C5FB2-B81B-42ED-8EEC-6C0239E31E48.jpegFD583FC0-C268-4111-8029-D17971EA1907.jpegC16D46C2-08D5-45C4-9627-74C520C3E979.jpegB35C0106-EDED-4DF3-8502-9959D3A86806.jpeg

Edited by 1921A
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Greg, I'm still interested in a Monitor case.

Darryl

Greg, I'm still interested in a Monitor case.

Darryl

Darryl

Im assuming were talking about the FBI monitor case. So far, no one has been able to find one or even a good picture of one. Im not sure what they looked like or how they were configured. I think they were similar to the Swetnam shotgun cases but Im not sure.

Greg,

The only picture I've seen on the Monitor case is from the FBI's gun vault.

CPMRTT.jpg

• Upvote 1

Darryl

I forgot about that picture. There may be enough detail visible to produce a reasonably accurate copy. I wonder if any members here have access to the FBI gun vault or personnel to see if they still have a case or some better pictures? I would bet someone has one of these or at least some pictures of one.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Evening Greg Fox: I am interested in purchasing one of your 5 drum cases. I am also would like to purchase one of your cases for the Thompson 1928 Machine-gun. How does the payment procedure work to pay for these items?

PM sent.

1921A

Thank You: Steve

I would be interested in the case for the 1907 in the photo. Looks like the end of the charging lever is missing, or hard to see at the angle.

post-12091-0-84922700-1580478963_thumb.j

Edited by full auto 45

• 3 years later...

Well, I had hoped to get to this year's 32nd Annual All Thompson Show and Shoot©, but time and circumstances were against me.

My consolation prize was the Greg Fox Drum carrier that arrived in the mail, following an extended stopover in Texas. 

What can I say, it is very well made and it far exceeded my expectations for quality. The pictures I have seen on the forum, do not do it justice. My attached photo does not either, poor light on this cold and wet summers day in the NE of England.

Now waiting for the Indiana case to arrive, currently on an extended stopover in Texas; and thinking, I should have skipped the IMA FBI case and bought one of Gregs.

Greg, thanks for your patience, it was well worth the wait.

Greg Fox 5 Drum Case.jpg

Edited by rpbcps
Reorientated photo
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, rpbcps said:

Well, I had hoped to get to this year's 32nd Annual All Thompson Show and Shoot©, but time and circumstances were against me.

My consolation prize was the Greg Fox Drum carrier that arrived in the mail, following an extended stopover in Texas. 

What can I say, it is very well made and it far exceeded my expectations for quality. The pictures I have seen on the forum, do not do it justice. My attached photo does not either, poor light on this cold and wet summers day in the NE of England.

Now waiting for the Indiana case to arrive, currently on an extended stopover in Texas; and thinking, I should have skipped the IMA FBI case and bought one of Gregs.

Greg, thanks for your patience, it was well worth the wait.

IMG_20230805_134234_MP (1).jpg

Looks the business Richard I know how pleased you are with it 👌

• 1 month later...

Well, after being patient for a number of years, I took the plunge and ordered an Indiana case from Greg. Upon completion earlier this year, it was delivered to my friend in Texas for safe keeping, until I could arrange onward shipping to Europe.
Last weekend I was passing through Paris, France on business and met up with my friend who was also over in Paris on business; he had been good enough to hand carry the Indiana case with him across the Atlantic.

Case travel package.jpg

So, the case then had only one last short journey to make, across the channel to England where it has now been united with the rest of my collection. The quality and craftsmanship of the case is something else, definitely worth the wait, thank you Greg, it was a pleasure to do business with you, once again.

Indiana Case 3.jpg

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

23 hours ago, John Dillinger said:

Looks to the Business Richard.

Worth the wait eh my friend 👌

6 hours ago, 19Steve67 said:

Eye candy!!!

Agreed on eye candy and definitely worth the wait, I highly recommend Greg Fox to anyone looking for a case for their Thompson, he is a Craftsman with a capital 'C'.👌