Very Interesting " True " Thompson Story From 2001 With Pictur

In 2001 a group of 4 TCA members Lee wolfe , Bill Menosky , Pat Wheeler & I proposed Forks of the Delaware Historical Firearms Society to do a Thompson display at there July gun show. The D.H.S. dis not like black guns and thought little of full auto firearms. An agreement was made and we did the display. People loved the the display as it was never seen before. At some point a very seasoned man with a cane spent a lot of time looking very close at the display. If you have ever done one of these displays you know the story's my dad had a couple Thompsons hid in the attic or basement and so on. But this man had a lot of interesting questions and knew a lot of history of the Thompson Gun. He pulled Bill and I on the side and told his story " WOW see letter. A few days after the show the pictures arrived so the story was the real deal. Gilbert & Steven have had no contact since school. With a little help with Tracie we put these two old friends together at TCA show in Ohio. After the show Steve , Gilbert and I had a few drinks and smoked a few cigars . Steven gave us a good history lesson of his dad and Auto - Ordnance in the early years . See you may open 100's of Thompson door leads and one or two work out. We put these two old friends together what a great Thompson adventure . See picture of Steve and Gilbert with Steve holding my Colt.

DSCN2819 (2).JPG

DSCN2812 (2).JPG

DSCN2813 (2).JPG

DSCN2814 (2).JPG

DSCN2817 (2).JPG

DSCN2818 (2).JPG

• Upvote 1

Not many comments but I enjoyed the story. Thanks for sharing.