A BSA and T2 Thompson up for auction.

Is that the one where the government required a $50,000 bond to be able to bid? From what I understood, the bond was applied towards the final hammer price and if you didn't win, it was returned. I guess it was designed to keep big money bidders in the game. That weren't me.

That's the one. The dollar amount was high. The payment method was very limited and the time frame to submit it was very short. Essentially you had to be close by and ready with the specific payment in order to qualify to bid. I pondered it, and then thought about when I would get my money back if I didn't win? There was no time frame specified for return of funds...and we all know once gov. gets it, they are not in a big hurry to return it. It was not mail in a check, and if you don't win we mail back the check. I have all the paperwork and the gun list somewhere's round here? Then after all that, and paperwork, you'd have to actually get a hold of the guns and getting stuff from Mike was never an easy task even before all this. Stories abound.

If you find it -- could you please post that gun list? How long ago was that auction?

5/12/15

50,000 in certified funds that will be deposited Cash, cashiers check, bank check. If you won, the balance due in 3 days same funding sources. There was an initial offer of 298K. IIRC the winning bid was significantly higher, but I don't recall if I ever got true verification of the final? Chapter 7 bankruptcy western district PA case 10-25460-CMB

Offers were taken at the hearing, so without being there you could easily be outbid at the hearing. Like a lot of auction houses today, floor bidders get preference over others even if the bid is the same, floor bidder wins. Points for showing up I suppose?

I have not seen him since KCR, where he was on the line, but I never saw him touch any guns.

Rights can be restored. I know a guy that was taking that to the supreme court and they were so afraid felons in possession would be overturned for non violent felonies, he was pardoned and lost standing. He had the money and a staff of lawyers. In blue states people would be shocked at who/ how many are being pardoned. It doesn't cost as much as one would think?

Mike surely could afford it, and maybe he did it, but I'm not gonna be the one to ask! LOL

Edited by johnsonlmg41

Brings back a lot of memories. I was lucky enough to own both the T-2 and the BSA tsmg pictured. I understood there were only 3 of theT-2 in 9mm and 3 in .45 and I enjoyed owning one of each. Along with the BSA shown and a bunch of other similar guns.

It will be interesting to see what they bring at the auction. They probably were from the M Free group. As I doubt Tracie is selling any of his toys...LOL

5/12/15

50,000 in certified funds that will be deposited Cash, cashiers check, bank check. If you won, the balance due in 3 days same funding sources. There was an initial offer of 298K. IIRC the winning bid was significantly higher, but I don't recall if I ever got true verification of the final? Chapter 7 bankruptcy western district PA case 10-25460-CMB

Offers were taken at the hearing, so without being there you could easily be outbid at the hearing. Like a lot of auction houses today, floor bidders get preference over others even if the bid is the same, floor bidder wins. Points for showing up I suppose?

I have not seen him since KCR, where he was on the line, but I never saw him touch any guns.

Rights can be restored. I know a guy that was taking that to the supreme court and they were so afraid felons in possession would be overturned for non violent felonies, he was pardoned and lost standing. He had the money and a staff of lawyers. In blue states people would be shocked at who/ how many are being pardoned. It doesn't cost as much as one would think?

Mike surely could afford it, and maybe he did it, but I'm not gonna be the one to ask! LOL

Johnson...thank you for the info.

I wonder if all of those FG42s were fully transferable?

Brings back a lot of memories. I was lucky enough to own both the T-2 and the BSA tsmg pictured. I understood there were only 3 of theT-2 in 9mm and 3 in .45 and I enjoyed owning one of each. Along with the BSA shown and a bunch of other similar guns.

It will be interesting to see what they bring at the auction. They probably were from the M Free group. As I doubt Tracie is selling any of his toys...LOL

Did you shoot either gun? I'd be interested in how they handled.

Edited by deerslayer

• 3 weeks later...

Search Poulin Auctions November 2022. I think one has to register. I was sitting there as they sold which is the only reason I know what they ended up selling for. I got my behind handed to me on just about everything I bid on. It wasn't pretty. The people at Poulin were absolutely great. 

Edited by Waffen Und Bier
  • Like 1

Free is a convicted felon and lost his right to possess/handle firearms.

Reviews of his case, his sentencing and his appeal of his sentencing for fraud can be googled at:

United States vs Free, US Court of Appeals, 3rd district

Edited by BRMCII

6 hours ago, BRMCII said:

Free is a convicted felon and lost his right to possess/handle firearms.

Reviews of his case, his sentencing and his appeal of his sentencing for fraud can be googled at:

United States vs Free, US Court of Appeals, 3rd district

I tried to google United States vs Free, US Court of Appeals, 3rd district but came up empty. Trying to learn more about Mike Free. I am not familiar with the guy or his case which everyone is talking about in this thread. Enlighten me please. Thanks