mp40 rear sight

Anyone have or know where to get cheep mp40 rear sight? I prefer a matching original, but I am open to options even its it a repo sight, Thanks! Also what do people recommend for attaching the rear sight? If someone comes up with an original I would not want to damage it as much as possible. 

Original MP40 rear sight bases were spot welded to the receiver. MP38 rear sight bases had screws. The MP38 receiver was much thicker in that area. 

FWIW, I have a MP40 rear sight that appears to have two spot-welds, where it was removed from the tube.  My MP38 sight has two countersunk screw holes for mounting. Agree that mounting a rear sight to a milled receiver like the MP38 is different than mounting to a rolled, crimped and spotwelded MP40 tube.  Ted

• 1 month later...
On 4/22/2023 at 9:05 AM, waterdawg2004 said:

Spot welded or silver soldered?

Spot welded, judging by what can be seen on the inside of the receiver on my all matching bnz 41 MP40. I've noticed no evidence of soldering anywhere on the gun.

On 4/22/2023 at 9:05 AM, waterdawg2004 said:

Spot welded or silver soldered?

Spot welded, judging by what can be seen on the inside of the receiver on my all matching bnz 41 MP40. I've noticed no evidence of soldering anywhere on the gun.

Photo of MP38 rear sight on the left appears to show signs of soldering. MP40 rear sight on the right. Notice that the receiver failed before the spot welds did.

salg8391.jpg 

Edited by TSMGguy

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/8/2023 at 7:03 PM, madmax1299 said:

still looking for the rear sight base, thanks!

Do you have the sight and need just the base? I need a couple myself and was planning on making a couple....hoping to have a lot more free time in the near future... :D

Edited by Mad Machinist

15 hours ago, Mad Machinist said:

Do you have the sight and need just the base? I need a couple myself and was planning on making a couple....hoping to have a lot more free time in the near future... :D

Yes, I just need the base, do you make parts? Also on another forum you said you have a MP40 dummy receiver? Thanks!  

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...