List Your Favorite Film Or Scene Featuring The Tsmg

I like "The FBI Story" starring Jimmy Stewart; "John Dillinger" featuring Warren Beatty; and "Miller's Crossing."

Haven't seen "The FBI story" yet. "John Dillinger" Didn't that star Warren Oats? My vote is for "Miller Crossing" I love the scene, I want the "endless drum" or,it "Bottomless Drum" like at Perkins. I also love "Road to Perdition".-adlake

Mike: Was that Mel "Tino" Gibson in "I love this country'? Also, has anyone from People for Ethical Treament of Animals (P.E.T.A.) contacted you concerning your disclaimer at the end of the film?

P.S. I loved both films.

Mike: Was that Mel "Tino" Gibson in "I love this country'? Also, has anyone from People for Ethical Treament of Animals (P.E.T.A.) contacted you concerning your disclaimer at the end of the film?

P.S. I loved both films.

Sure 'nough.

PETA= People Eating Tasty Animals

I just got through watching (again, after many years) Top Secret. There is a scene, in the farmhouse. Chocolate Mousse, after loading his 1928 with a powder horn, from the muzzle, sweeps it back and forth, firing into a humongous crowd brawl, and only hits the Germans, not touching any of the underground. "Nice shooting". :woot: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JX1h3FuMc4...feature=related

Later, after not having it with him at all while they invade the prison, they are standing in a clearing in the woods. The Germans are coming. Suddenly, the buttstock pokes out of the bushes, and he just calmly takes it from whichever prop guy is hiding there, and starts hosing down the German advance. 8:58 into this 10 minute clip http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92R20ImGNCU

Great movie.

P.S. I loved both films.

Sure 'nough.

PETA= People Eating Tasty Animals.......

Mike that would be People Executing Tiny Animals

So I guess Pink Death??? Sorry no fancy ass disclaimers.....

Don't forget yall Oregonians and Northern Kali free State of Jefferson people, we are having our annual Memorial Day machine gun shoot at the Southern Oregon Sportsman Park..... Lots of stuff to shoot..... Or bring your own.....

Some of us may have heard this at least once from your their lady friend.... ;-)

Not Tommy related but the guy letting people shoot his .577 T-Rex is always good for a laugh as long as you don't read the typical bigoted comments.... That gun has to be one beat up sucker by now.... It's hit the floor more times than.....

Edited by Z3BigDaddy

The St. Valentine's day Massacre (1967) When they rake the hotel with Thompsons. I watched the documentary video on how they made it and Corman had used more squibs in that scene than they used in the entire war movie "The Longest day".

The real event of the hotel being raked must have been shocking to say the least. Over eight carloads of Capone's rivals with a couple of thompsons let go on the hotel.

Not much firing, but the Star Trek episode called "A piece of the action" was fun to see all the thompsons being carried around and hanging on the wall.

Mario

The obscure film "Suddenly" with Sinatra. The state police are instructed by Sterling Hayden to bring Thompson's (1928A1's) to help with the POTUS's secret service detail at the train station. One trooper in pursuit of the cop killer assassin, shreds him from the patrol car ignoring the secret service agent's pleas to take him alive.

According to Marina, this was the 1954 film that Oswald watched on TV three days before Dallas.

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b56/Polythemus/SuddenlyTSMG.jpg

I certainly like the Thompsons in both the war movies and gangster movies, but for something competely different, I'll mention James Whitmore and James Arness with Thompsons shooting giant ants in "Them".

"Whee-whee-whee-whee-whee-whee..." - giant ant

(James Whitmore also carried a Thompson in "Battleground".)

Remember the old Robert Mitchum action flick set in 1920's Mexico ?

"The Wrath of God " was the title and he played a Tommy totin' revolutionary disguised as a priest.

Offbeat film, but he swung a mean '21.

Edited by anticus

Remember the old Robert Mitchum action flick set in 1920's Mexico ?

"The Wrath of God " was the title and he played a Tommy totin' revolutionary disguised as a priest.

Offbeat film, but he swung a mean '21.

Great movie. Had one in his Gladstone bag and another under the front seat of the Mercedes. Had a stiletto in his crucifix and a pistol of some type in his bible (not sure if it was a derringer or a small revolver. In Five Card Stud, he played a preacher with a gun in his bible. Had a derringer in one flick and a revolver in the other, but can't recall which was which).

I vote for "Sahara"...with Bogie and cast..the sound affects,smoke,.."Lula Belle"..and a real C drum... :rolleyes:

"Untouchables" - the TV series with Robert Stack, NOT the Kevin Costner movie (MHO, YMMV, etc.); and

in the "Superman" TV series, the episode where Lois Lane sweet-talks the bad guy into letting her hold his Thompson. Lois empties the drum into the ceiling and hands the Thompson back to the bad guy and tells him, "It's a lot lighter without all the bullets."

One of my earliest memories of a Thompson was in the Laurel and Hardy movie, "Pardon Us." In the prison lunch room, Colt Thompson parts were passed under the table. Each prisoner assembled a part, until the final product became a fully assembled Thompson, ending up in the hands of Stan Laurel. Edited by Sgt