New Form 4 Sent In 9/20/16

full auto 45

keep buying new items every month...this way every month youve got something new to look forward to.....pretty much what i did, but the problem is even though each was 30 days apart it has been 45-60 days apart from me finally getting my stamps...each one gets longer and longer......im waiting on my last one of the original group.....my new ones are so far off i dont need to think about them until Nov/Dec

My Form-4 for a BAR went in 20 June 16..........The gun is in the next town, and bad guys broke in & stole 24 guns weeks ago, at my Class III dealer's shop........They had not enough time to screw with the shop's big safes.

........As for two Form-20s that I sent in December, in early January, I got them back, stamped & dated 31 December 2016...??.....That's New Years Eve!!..... Does that mean the agents are working week-ends & holidays??

I called to ask the status on mine and they said it was "in review" and immediately transferred me to the contractor working on mine. In my case it meant he had just sent my forms back to the seller with a correction letter.

I called to ask the status on mine and they said it was "in review" and immediately transferred me to the contractor working on mine. In my case it meant he had just sent my forms back to the seller with a correction letter.

When was it originally submitted?

Hi All,

BATF sent me a courtesy letter this week informing me that a form 4 had gone back to the seller for corrections. Rather nice of BATF. There were 3 Form 4's in the package. 2 approved and back to the sellers, 1 back for corrections.

Grasshopper

Hi All,

BATF sent me a courtesy letter this week informing me that a form 4 had gone back to the seller for corrections. Rather nice of BATF.

Yes, nice that you got a letter notifying you that it had been returned to the seller for corrections. I wonder if that's a standard practice.

I'll look back at any prior posts on when submitted, but I guess it was eight months to process?

May 5, 2016, check cashed May 11. I did not get anything telling me it had been sent back to the seller. I found out when I called for a status update. Edited by wwiifirearms

by looking at nfa tracker they are only on mid may (form 4 trust)

was yours a trust? or are you ahead of most and lucky?

my next one is july 15th cashed....i am not expecting to see it until the end of March

every 30 days approx 14-15 days worth of forms get approved.....so for every month you can add 2 months more

anyone predicting it will hit 12 months yet? i think it will be close

May 5, 2016, check cashed May 11. I did not get anything telling me it had been sent back to the seller. I found out when I called for a status update.

Update: I did get a courtesy notice today telling me the forms were returned to the seller for correction.

Edited by wwiifirearms

• 2 months later...

Paperwork for the Reising is now in the hands of the ATF. It's been a few years since I sent in a form.

I started all the paperwork just a couple weeks before the change. Went to get my CLEO sign off and printed and the not so friendly gal behind the counter made up excuses to not do them. Basicly she had to stop doing her nails and work. So I waited a couple more weeks and refilled out the new form 4, reordered fingerprint cards (I had IMPD info on the card), got my new cards and went to another local PD and the gal was more than willing to help. In and out in 5 minutes. Got a Postal M.O. and express mailed the forms on Tuesday. Now, lets see how long it takes. My last form came back in 32 days! All others took 90 days almost to the exact day.

The CLEO copy is in the mail as well. Maybe they will just pitch it or save it, who knows. Can't wait to play with the Reising when I can. And the guy found another mag, so now I have 5 of the 12 round H&R mags.

I guess you're still waiting too?

I have one received on 9/21/16, so we'll see how they compare time wise to process. Let me know when you receive your approval.

Robert

It's been seven months for me as of 4/21/17. I guess it will be a little while longer based on the other thread related to processing time frames.

some updated info: Mailed form 4 the end of June 2016. They have it as "received" on July 15. Stamp approved April 19, so that is right at 9 months from them receiving it.

Anyone have a thought on how long from approval to the dealer receiving the approved stamp? Do they mail it out right away?

some updated info: Mailed form 4 the end of June 2016. They have it as "received" on July 15. Stamp approved April 19, so that is right at 9 months from them receiving it.

Anyone have a thought on how long from approval to the dealer receiving the approved stamp? Do they mail it out right away?

every stamp i got took 5-8 days....all 7 were within a week pretty much

they say it can take 30 days....some claim they mail in batches....congrats on the stamp