Want to Buy Colt Thompson

Rock island has a couple colts up for auction,one is listed as the finest in existance,it looks like a 12000 number from the brocure.anybody know anything about it?

send me a PM with your email...i can forwad photos...of my colt 21/28 for sale

I'm going to allow this post to remain, even though the poster is not automatically eligible to post items for sale. Please understand any terms and conditions involved with such a transaction if anyone chooses to approach the seller about the Colt Thompson mentioned for sale.

David Albert

dalbert@sturmgewehr.com

Merry,

Are you talking about the one from autoweapons?

Seems a bit high to me, what would you place the value?

Merry,

Are you talking about the one from autoweapons?

Seems a bit high to me, what would you place the value?

Nah, the '21A that Nick T. at Western Firearms has for sale. He's asking a tad under $49K but with BATFE tax, shipping plus insurance, FFL transfer fees, and my 6% state sales tax, it would add up to about $53K or so. What detracts from the value is the peened frame that I'm sure was done to get the stock to lock tight to the frame. It's been for sale for a long time. I'd give it $40K at best. MHO, YMMV, etc.

Thanks for the reply Merry. The prices seem to be all over the place!

I feel like I can get a nice 21 for 32 - 38 K am I wrong?

Not in my camp either, Curl. My babies won't leave here unless there is some serious cash, or I need something else. I just don't care.

OCM

I'm still looking and I expect to pay serious cash, but just don't want to pay 55K for a 40 to 45K weapon.

I appreciate all comments from you guys.

cub

Colt Thompsons have always seemed to be the most volatile of all transferable machine guns in terms of prices paid since the end price (as many of the members here know) is dependent on several factors rather than just being on the NFA registry. It is almost sacrilege to place a value on one since they are by far and away the most iconic and classiest American firearm in history. That being said, you will get what you pay for. There were three that I saw at the previous SAR show here in Phoenix and none were listed for less than $34,000. If you want one now, you will pay a liberal premium for that luxury ie. $45,000 to $55,000. Through the generosity of one the board members here, I ended up committing to a Colt Thompson in the mid 20's range just over a year ago when three years ago I was planning on saving my money for a Westie.

From what I understand, Frank's guns is still brokering that Navy 21/28 that popped up on GunBroker a few months back which, from what I am told, is in rough condition and does not have matching upper and lower and has WWII parts. It might be worth reaching out to the original owner even though they wanted an arm and a leg for it at the time. There is no reason the original owner can't be negotiated down, especially if he wants to get rid of it. Might be worth looking into as a shooter and with the right bluing service, can be restored to it's beautiful original factory blue.

Best of luck in your search.

Edited by NJohnson

Colt's #315 is for sale, not by me Mike, and it has just been fully restored to it's former glory. I think he is wanting right around the $40K mark. It is now and incredibly gorgeous gun.