US Navy 28 overstamp on subguns

That's the sister gun to the one that I purchased back in 2012. The stenciled number on the receiver is 7013, mine is 7010. My Thompson is a 1921, not an overstamp though.

Edited by Dolphinvet

NO 1753 - 28Navy - Seattle PD. Note the Type 2 compensator on the early numbered Thompson. There have been other Seattle PD Thompson guns posted on this forum.

I actually think from the photos that it appears in better shape than mine.

I wonder how the 21 internals wandered back in. Edited by bug

I was speaking of the 21 actuator/spring/buffer assembly. Somehow they found their way back to the gun.

Bob D

Does anyone know this seller?

Thanks.

I've dealt with him before. Honest and reliable for me.

I was speaking of the 21 actuator/spring/buffer assembly. Somehow they found their way back to the gun.

Bob D

I do not see a picture of the internals. Just thinking he mis wrote the description and meant all colt internals.

Bob D

I do not see a picture of the internals. Just thinking he mis wrote the description and meant all colt internals.

I contacted him. ALL Colt internals. The gun "should" have 28 act/spng/buffer. Not a bad problem though.

Can't agree more, 21 internals adds to the value. My Navy had the Colt 28 actuator and bolt.

ppgcowboy,

That is what your 1928 Navy Model was supposed to have, a 1928 style actuator, buffer pilot and spring. The bolts are the same in both models. What bug meant by the 1921 actuator is that the top part, visible through the actuator slot, has the original blue finish. The original 1928 two-piece actuators had the top ground, in -the-white, which was part of the process of riveting the weighted portion on the bottom to the original 1921 actuator. Original 1921 actuators converted to 1928 actuators by AOC will show the unblued nickel finish through the actuator slot on 1928 Navy Models if the original converted actuator is still with the gun. The original 1928 two-piece actuators add value and originality. The 1921 actuators, spring and buffer system can always be added later to shoot at the higher rate of fire.

Its hard to tell 100% from the pictures, but it looks to me that the drum is a colt era drum, with the separate model 1921 and 1928 winding instruction lines and no reinforcing ribs on the faceplate

Just saw this string this morning. FYI, barrel marks are lint from the last rag it was wiped with... I noticed the marks after uploading the pictures.

Also, it does have the -21 actuator etc.

I am not a drum expert, but it looks to be a 3rd model AO New York drum. Also the magazines appear to be Colt double patent date magazines.

Thanks all for taking an interest, and to Dolphinvet for the vote of confidence.

-Sean

• 3 months later...