Rusco Case and Spare Parts Box on GB

Not one to be had in the far building Jeep scabbard. if someone caught site of one I did not a few replica hard cases that was it. and normal barrels mags and small parts and a bunch of mag pouches. Colt21A Ron

Probably gone by time I looked around on Friday.Thompson guys had me pinned down at table looking at Bills Overstamp.

He should be happy I sold his drum for him. And the buyer was happy, He did get a nice WW2Seymour drum, Well made and probably more reliable compared to a early whirly Numrich drum... AT that show I looked at almost 25 drums, Some trying in the other building trying to sell 80's drums as original Auto -Ord.

But heck at every show that happens like German items around 80% is all replica and pushed as real deal. And some don't know or want to know and just sell it. If you think Thompson items get bad.. Try WW2 German a virtual Minefield.

But yeah the History is fun.

Colt 21A Ron

• 1 month later...

Dalbert,

Sir, could you tell me what makes you feel certain that the Rusco case that JoJeep has on here is authentic? I am curious as to the points to look at to be certain on an item like this. I know quite a bit about the guns themselves but little about the web gear . Also whats your opinion of a fair price for a patent date XX mag? I've seen them sell for anywhere from 50 bucks to 300 apiece, There seems to be no stable pricing on them. I like Colt21A s outlook on pricing and selling and He seems determined that it is a FUGAZI. ( fake) . Any input you can give would be appreciated.

Also I've done some research that indicates that if the case is original, they may have used by the Marines and were considered "pre war" web gear as the USMC used 21A's in Nicaragua and China. I've seen a few pictures of Marines in both conflicts armed with the 1921A .

Colt era patent date magazines fun the gambit of prices. I have seen well worn and ugly but functional patent date magazines for $20 at Knob Creek. However, you generally have to dig in a pile to find them. Condition is usually the key. Prices range from $50 to $125 depending on condition and the motivation of the seller. Yes, some are priced higher but this is normally wishful thinking.

Dalbert,

Sir, could you tell me what makes you feel certain that the Rusco case that JoJeep has on here is authentic? I am curious as to the points to look at to be certain on an item like this. I know quite a bit about the guns themselves but little about the web gear . Also whats your opinion of a fair price for a patent date XX mag? I've seen them sell for anywhere from 50 bucks to 300 apiece, There seems to be no stable pricing on them. I like Colt21A s outlook on pricing and selling and He seems determined that it is a FUGAZI. ( fake) . Any input you can give would be appreciated.

Colt21,

I hope I an not stepping on Dalbert's response to your question, but I believe he would mention similar things to look for. It is not one or two things that give it away, it is the totality of the following details: Color and weave of the canvas, stitching details including the color of the thread, snaps and other hardware (type and maker marks) and overall appearance and construction. Not all Rusco cases are marked with the Rusco stamp. Mills cases all seem to be marked Mills.

Thank You T.D and GiJive ,

I read somewhere that the hollow rivets that rivet the tips onto the straps are an indicator also. I have heard that if they are split that they may not be authentic. Can anyone help me with that information? Also should the black hardware be painted or blued? I'm pretty sure that if the snaps are clean inside without paint, They should be older and authentic. If the case mentioned on this thread is authentic, Then what would be a fair price for it?

Thanks Phil, I noticed that in D Alberts forum on repros, He speaks about the hollow rivets being split. If anyone else on here can throw in their opinion, It would be appreciated. If the case is original, how much is it worth? and if a repro, how much?

Thank you sir, How about on that Rusco case? All of the hollow rivets on the strap tips are split on the back side. Most of them in one spot and maybe one or two of them in two spots. They seem to be peened over ok other than that. I am looking at that Rusco case on GB in particular .

Thank you sir, How about on that Rusco case? All of the hollow rivets on the strap tips are split on the back side. Most of them in one spot and maybe one or two of them in two spots. They seem to be peened over ok other than that. I am looking at that Rusco case on GB in particular .

Colt1921,

Could you post a picture of the split rivets you are talking about on the Rusco case? I don't see any on the pictures posted here or on the Gunbroker auction photos. Actually, I don't think the Gunbroker photos are clear enough or high enough resolution to make that determination.