How do you store your Thompson?

I'd be very careful about storing firearms partially assembled or with major components separated from each other. If anything happens to the owner, the chances of those firearms being reassembled are greatly reduced.

• Upvote 1

Question. I know it seems fine to store firearms in a safe with the traditional muzzle up configuration. Lately, Ive been reading about how oils, etc. can run into the stocks and possibly hurt the wood or gum the action up. Is is therefore better to store guns assembled and muzzle down in the safe if you have the room? I know this may be reading too much into it but Im curious as to any other insight from fellow collectors.

Thanks. In 1921, The Chapman/Andersen Syndicate robbed a mail truck in NYC, stealing over $1,000,000 in cash, stocks and bonds. One of the company's stocks was Puget Sound Power & Light. The mail bag, stock certificate and other items were from that era. Fascinating story. First "Public Enemy Number 1" Edited by Waffen Und Bier
  • Upvote 1

Can't remember how to upload photos for the life of me but I have a framed Colt stock certificate on my wall that was signed by Colt's secretary Arthur Ulrich and Colt President Samual Stone. Not sure the timeframe when Ulrich was secretary but Stone was Colt President from 1921 to 1944.

My Thompson is stored in a safe, fully assembled with the bolt closed. It is safely surrounded by many other World War II veterans and some World War I vets hang out there too. Decorating the walls are reduced copies of World War II era war effort propaganda posters. My favorite decoration is right in front of my US Marine Corps sniper rifle is a picture of my grandfather holding said rifle and grinning from ear-to-ear with a hand written note by him on the back saying how he could hit a man at a thousand yards with the rifle.

• 1 month later...

I settled all those problems Sold them all. With life's little changes in the new world Disorder, Another thing not to worry about. Now if I can just drive faster and get out of the blast area I am set. RON K.

post-504-0-41389000-1609882810_thumb.jpg