1928 Main Spring?

I have a pre WWII 1928 that I kinked the main spring. I ordered what was billed as original old stock replacement but now the gun doesn’t run right. Since the original was messed up I couldn’t compare them but the new one sure went in easier which leads me to believe it was shorter. Are the 1928 and M1 etc. different lengths or strength?

Anyone have a REAL 1928 spring I can buy?

Recoil spring have been discussed in depth in this forum.

I have tried recoil springs of various lengths +-1" or so. As I recall they all worked fine in the 1928. I decided to go with the longest one.

I agree with interord about the NOS USGI recoil springs. I purchased a small lot of NOS USGI 1928 recoil springs years ago and have sold them at the Thompson Shows for $10 apiece. I have never had a complaint from a customer or when using the springs myself. Based only on the green wrapping paper, these appear to be NOS USGI recoil springs. If I was having a spring problem, I would take a chance on this auction. I would also ask if he has any more NOS springs and perhaps, increase the number purchased and lower the price. These will always be valuable.

I do not know the seller.

Question. Ive never heard anything bad about Wolf Springs. I do know they make a Thompson spring. Wouldnt that work well?

I too used a Wolff with my 28 for many years with no problems. I now use their 21 spring with the other 21 parts in that gun. Flawless

Bob D