WARNING! R. Wagner on Gunbroker

PayPal and Venmo cancelled my accounts on the same day for "Violating their terms of service"> They told me they could not provide me with further information because it was a "trade secret." I had been very diligent about transferring money from PayPal to a bank account set up solely for that reason. Money was then transferred to my regular business account. There was nothing for them to seize or hold on to. Oh well. I invoice through QuickBooks now and it has works like a charm. It also helps my book keeping.

Dan

Careful.. QuickBooks don't like firearm sales either. Few FFLs had their accounts closed because of violating their TOS.

I will add this - if you are using Paypal for ANYTHING gun related at any

time they can (and will) terminate your account and KEEP any money you

have with them as a penalty for a violation of their terms of service. Maybe

10+ years ago a guy falsely accused me of selling gun parts - which I was

not - it was a revenge thing on Ebay. Paypal terminated me for life - no

appeal, no way to correct anything. (Their customer "support" at the time

was in India and the people barely understood English. Years went by and

I was able to get active again with a different credit card. They

let me run up the tab to $850 then they suddenly discovered it was me

again and kept all of the $850 since I had violated their terms of service.

Bob

PayPal shut me down one time, it was for a legitimate reason. I did violate their terms of service without realizing it by selling high cap mags on GunBroker. However I was able to appeal it and they just made me send in a written letter that I wouldn't do it again.. and they unlocked my account. I pushed hard trying to clear it up so I was only down for a day or two.

GunBroker locked me out one time because I was using TorBrowser while travelling in another country. They locked my account because of the foreign IP address! Unlocked within a day and they told me about that fun little filter they use.

post-110-0-70221300-1612547597_thumb.jpg

Last night on FNC Tucker Carlson had on PayPal co-founder David Sacks. Carlson allotted five minutes at the end of the show for the interview and as the time ticked away it became obvious he was not going to ask Sacks about their strict policy on prohibiting firearms/parts transactions on PayPal. This seemed a perfect opportunity for Tucker, who routinely advocates for the 2nd Amendment on his show.

I also wondered if that topic would be raised but then realized Sacks is no longer associated with PayPal so he would not be able to offer any insight on the current rules. Also, the interview was about censorship, not PayPal or Second Amendment issues.

I also wondered if that topic would be raised but then realized Sacks is no longer associated with PayPal so he would not be able to offer any insight on the current rules. Also, the interview was about censorship, not PayPal or Second Amendment issues.

Except Tucker's only interest in Sacks was him being the co-founder of PayPal even though Sacks sold it to ebay in 2002. The chyron in the pic above is self-explanatory. Buyers on ebay can purchase firearm parts and are then required to use the only payment method available, PayPal. It would seem a logical question for Sacks why ebay prohibits payments for firearms through PayPal when ebay isn't adverse to being a platform for firearm parts when the purchase originates on ebay and then payed through Paypal.

When has Tucker self-censored himself when it comes to asking questions of a guest that wander off topic?

All good questions. I don't believe ebay owns PayPal anymore. I have noticed that you can directly pay with a credit card now when purchasing something on ebay. PayPal is still an option for payment, but not the only option. That said, PayPal is still the way to go, especially for most sellers. It also makes it very easy to purchase items overseas.

Suggestion: email Tucker Carlson and ask him to reschedule Sacks and ask about Second Amendment issues. I assume Sacks would be ready and able to answer those questions. Probably something to the effect...this area did not fit our business model...and...not a venue we were interested in being associated with. Look at Dick's Sporting Goods.

It is not that I agree. But I do understand.

Tom,

Yes. ebay parted ways with PayPal as their sole payment option in 2015 and in 2018 signed an agreement with Adyen to become their primary payment option. However, from a 2018 article by: Ralf Gladis, CEO, Computop

As things currently stand, eBay users have to register with PayPal. Once they do that, PayPal then allows customers to use their preferred local payment method – an extra step on the customers’ side. The problem for eBay in this is that all of that happens on PayPal’s platform without the knowledge or control of eBay.

After criticizing Tucker for always falling for the latest conspiracy foolishness like the History Channel claiming the photograph of Fred Noonan and Amelia Earhart shows them in the custody of the Japanese military in 1937 (when the already published photo was taken in 1935), and the Pentagon released "UFO gun camera footage" that is such poor quality, but yet he considers demonstrative of advanced alien existence, he is not likely to consider my programing suggestions.

I'm glad they went separate. I got ripped off by eBay for fees due to PayPal having a messed up system. I did a refund due to a issue with the item having a broken internal seal that I couldn't tell until pressurize. Any case I had to manually refunded him via PayPal since they couldn't refund them due to some system error.. hence eBay didn't get the notification and they would refuse to refund me. Frustrating.

However I hope eBay protects sellers like PayPal did for me on 2 fraudulent purchases summing over $2k.