eFile form 4's ATF

Rekraps

To remember your ID, PIN and password.

I'm going to give this a go (could have used paper) and see. I'll have three items with the new eForm and four in progress under the old paper Form 4 (two of which go back to April of 2021).

I'll let you know!

Got the call today from my FFL. Two of the three NFA items were ready for me to do the in person PIN confirmation. Easy peasy. My FFL pulled up the transaction on the ATF site, entered their info, located my items and had me enter my id and pin. Done.

Of course I had to present valid ID (not required if I wanted to vote though)

I think this is going to work. 90 day countdown starts today!

Follow up to the eForm process.

The two submissions that were confirmed via PIN yesterday went smoothly. Last night I received emails from the ATF verifying the "Submitted Processing" status of both items. There was a cover letter with details of the control #, date, etc., a copy of the Form 4 with "submitted" stamped across it and a cover letter indicating that I have 10 days to submit finger prints.

Since I use Silencer Shop, they have my prints on file (electronic) so as of right now, I assume they will submit them. I'll check today and post....

So far, so good.

Has anyone been successful getting an EFT file for the electronic fingerprints?

My transferring dealer (SDS here in Colorado Springs) purchased the scanner and software to do all the E-Forms.

The ATF/NFA web site accepted everything accept the EFT files.

We opened a trouble ticket on that, and then printed and mailed the cards.

Today I called NFA branch, waited 35 minutes (thank goodness for office desk phones with speakers) and the NFA CS person confirmed my FP cards had arrived and the transfer status as "pending".

My E-Forms account has nothing other than my info, and the SDS account showed no useful info.

SO, since I had the lady on the line I asked if they have any Form 4 E-Forms processing time data to share yet.

The answer I was told is that all paper forms currently in queue will be done before they start on E-forms....

My BAR paperwork went in about 11 months ago, so maybe it will finally be approved?

Richard

I find that disturbing, that is the statement that all paper Form4's will be completed first then the eForms. Assuming paper submissions were continued up to the mid-December timeframe, and that we are all waiting about 11 months or so for approval, that means that they won't start eForms until around December of this year... Really?

Well , I've posted before about filing many F1 eforms over the last year or so . Usually, 28 days from file to approval . Filed one on 12/02 and received approval on 12/30 . Got in my CMMG Banshee that was on order for months and filed it on 12/16 .

approval should have been around 1/13 , it is now 1/26 and no idea when it'll be approved . Yep , they had a good system but had to " improve " it.

Chris

It's disturbing because the premise behind the entire eForm was a target approval time of 90 days, not 90 days after the ATF spends a year clearing the backlog. If that is the case, then everyone using eForms is just in the same line as before. I think what will really happen is that a separate queue will be established for eForms, and that will run concurrent with the paper process. That was my understanding.

The only proof of course will be the three eForms I have in progress, (just submitted) compared to the four paper Form 4's in progress with the ATF since last April.

It's disturbing because the premise behind the entire eForm was a target approval time of 90 days, not 90 days after the ATF spends a year clearing the backlog. If that is the case, then everyone using eForms is just in the same line as before. I think what will really happen is that a separate queue will be established for eForms, and that will run concurrent with the paper process. That was my understanding.

The only proof of course will be the three eForms I have in progress, (just submitted) compared to the four paper Form 4's in progress with the ATF since last April.

I don't think the ATF stated 90 days, and certainly not right off the bat. I think between internet articles, silencer shop and gun shop talk, it's all turned into a large marketing ploy.

So how does the EFT thing work?

Do you get physical possession of the e-file which you then attach to the e-Form 4 submission or does it go directly to ATF and you get a file number to reference?

you get the file and upload it while completing the form