How rare is a fully transferable PPD 34/38?

I have been given the opportunity to buy a fully transferable Russian PPD 34/38.

The seller tells me they are very rare and that this maybe be the only one in the country (USA).

Anyone have any good info on this gun?

PPD 34/38 is rare in the US.

I had a PPD 40, more common, but spare parts were still very HARD to find. If your looking for a shooter get a PPSh 41.

Frank,

Thanks for the info.

I've got a PPD 40, a PPSh 41 and a PPS43.

This acquisition would "complete" the collection of pre-war and wartime Soviet submachine guns.

The seller is asking $75,000 which seems quite high.

<p>I'd confirm that it is a PPD34/38 and not a PPD40. Suggest going to have a look at it. Get seller to send some pics to post here so we can see it, too. <br />

Price doesn't matter if you want it and can afford it. Now's you're chance.</p>

<p>I've encountered one legitimate, registered 34/38 so far, and there are probably a few more. I bought a PPD40 in the middle 1980s and have also wanted an earlier example for a long time but never had the chance. It might even be a PPD34......have fun.</p>

Edited by BRMCII

<p>I'd confirm that it is a PPD34/38 and not a PPD40. Suggest going to have a look at it. Get seller to send some pics to post here so we can see it, too. <br />

Price doesn't matter if you want it and can afford it. Now's you're chance.</p>

<p>I've encountered one legitimate, registered 34/38 so far, and there are probably a few more. I bought a PPD40 in the middle 1980s and have also wanted an earlier example for a long time but never had the chance. It might even be a PPD34......have fun.</p>

Pics have been uploaded.

The deals are getting to be few and far between but even in this market $75K is a bit more than premium

The way of rock island auctions bidding wars have gone.. They wouldn't agree. *sigh*

The deals are getting to be few and far between but even in this market $75K is a bit more than premium

The way of rock island auctions bidding wars have gone.. They wouldn't agree. *sigh*

That asking price is 2x what I would expect to pay based on recent inquiries. Also, it looks like a PPD 40, not a PPD 34/38. I have looked for one during the past several years, and yes they are harder to find than PPSH units, but they are out there. And his is not the only one in the USA. Funny, but I have also found that locating a nice PPS 43 is also difficult.

I think that what is going on is not a particular rarity issue, rather owners are no selling. A perfect example is my MP 18.I. I know there are examples out there but have not seen a single one come up for sale.

A lot of these guns are brokered without ever going to public market.