M16A2 market price

rck12

On 12/7/2022 at 5:39 AM, dismed said:

I think for that kind of money they want the markings to reflect that is indeed firing full auto.

That is the reason I chose the A2 auto marked in 1997. I could have had either. The export model was so marked and of course did not have US Prop mark.

I just put in a 4 position selector and then you can do whatever you want? 

I have colt stuff, but don't see any value in different marking on them other than a few grand at most.  C+R AR-15 in my opinion would hold the most value, which I mistakenly  sold years ago cheap, when everyone wanted A1's  Have a bunch of their goofy uppers as well, but one should remember most of this stuff was all sales gimmicks based on the same cheap alum. receiver with different roll marks that I don't think they even manufactured IIRC?

2 and 3 round burst was offered in the 1965 colt brochure for AR-15's.  I don't think they bothered to mark the lowers however.  What's old is new again.  Most of what's in the brochure was a one-off or never made sales.   They show the belt fed gun in there, but reports are they never worked.  John Ceiner picked it up and made improvements, then along came the Shrike, which I find to work well.  None of this matters if the lower is roll stamped AR-15 or M16A2?  For the price difference I can weld up/build up the lower and and make it an A2, thus I see limited value? 

• 2 weeks later...

Well, from a personal perspective, I can tell you that M16A2's, Auto, US Govt stamped command at least $47K..... if they are perfect guns. How do I know.... my bank account is now $47K less. 

So, you never pay too much.

2 hours ago, Rekraps said:

Never say never.....

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Rekraps said:

Well, from a personal perspective, I can tell you that M16A2's, Auto, US Govt stamped command at least $47K..... if they are perfect guns. How do I know.... my bank account is now $47K less. 

I bought my US Property marked M16A2 with a Colt M203 grenade launcher  (both unfired) for $34k in 2020 everyone thought I was crazy.

BTW I have documented 41 such US marked M16A2s thus far if you PM me your serial number I can add it to the list if its not on there already. Completely confidential. In a few cases I have what they sold for and the date.

17 hours ago, Frank Iannamico said:

I bought my US Property marked M16A2 with a Colt M203 grenade launcher  (both unfired) for $34k in 2020 everyone thought I was crazy.

BTW I have documented 41 such US marked M16A2s thus far if you PM me your serial number I can add it to the list if its not on there already. Completely confidential. In a few cases I have what they sold for and the date.

I wish you had told me to buy in 2020, cost me $13K to wait!

PM sent.

I bought my NIB Colt Commercial M16A2 Carbide for $3,500, NIB Colt Commercial M16A1 for $1,600 and excellent condition police trade-in Colt 601 for $1,150. All required credit union loan(s). Pricing is only relative to periods in time and available income. 

6 hours ago, inertord said:

I bought my NIB Colt Commercial M16A2 Carbide for $3,500, NIB Colt Commercial M16A1 for $1,600 and excellent condition police trade-in Colt 601 for $1,150. All required credit union loan(s). Pricing is only relative to periods in time and available income. 

Those prices indicate a particular time period.    Hopefully you bought Apple stock too. :)

Eric

All I could swing was 416 steel mags for $20 that I'll use in my EA semi since they are not M16 worthy!  I'm a poor excuse for a HKfanboy with not even a 416 part except the stack of mags that came with the stack of MP5 $30 mags.  I thought that was too much? 

I'll have some uber rare thompson drums for sale later this week, hopefully you guys have some money left?   Or a good credit score?

• 11 months later...

Hope you guys don't mind me starting this thread up again....   I recently retired and have a few things I want to buy so I am looking to sell my M16A2.  I could use your expertise on how to price it:

1. I purchased it in 2003, and the tax stamp had an extra marking saying "Permissible for Full Auto Only."
  2. It had no semi function.  It has the standard Safe, Semi, Burst selector, but fired Auto on both Semi and Burst. 
  3. I took it to a training venue and the armorer changed out the sear so it operated as designed: Safe, Semi and Auto.  I left it that way ever since.
  4. I changed the upper to a LWRC set up, but still have the original upper (minus the hand guards I lost over the years).
  5. It is well worn as I used it a fair amount over the first five years I had it. 

Some pics here.  Thoughts and questions appreciated....

IMG_1833.jpeg

IMG_1832.jpg

IMG_1834.jpg

On 11/30/2023 at 3:59 PM, hatrick said:

I’ve stared at this diagram for a few days and just can’t figure out how parts 46 and 47 are connected. Odd diagram since it doesn’t seem to have recoil/buffer assembly parts in the correct order. The buffer if I’m not mistaken are parts 51 & 52 inside of part 47 which then attaches to 46. 

On 1/1/2023 at 5:11 PM, maxfaxdude said:

Vielen Dank!

Bitte!

2 hours ago, Colt Chopper said:

Did the firearm mentioned reside in Connecticut at one time, or a state with similar laws that allow "Full Auto Only?"

Depends on where John lived! It was brokered through a West PA dealer who somehow was able to get the estate to allow it (him/her) to liquidate the collection.