M.P.18,I & MP28 20 round magazine pouches

Rekraps

Well, then we might just have excellent quality pouches, Austrian made for Israeli Uzi mags!

Grab 'em while there are still a few left. I bought two more and will oil them up and keep them. Great for Uzi collectors and for M.P.18,I collectors like me who will never find an original pouch.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, HANS said:

The IMI Uzi was used by the Austrian army and gendarmerie from the early 1960s.

See for example:

https://gendarmeriemuseum.at/museum/objekte/mp-uzi/

Cheers

HANS

Thanks Hans, that was what I was wondering.  Also I believe the replacement MPI 69 could utilize Uzi mags as much of that development was inspired from the Uzi.  

All good stuff

Ron

14 hours ago, HANS said:

The IMI Uzi was used by the Austrian army and gendarmerie from the early 1960s.

See for example:

https://gendarmeriemuseum.at/museum/objekte/mp-uzi/

Cheers

HANS

Hans, are you from Mississippi? Your name has that Southern twang to it!

So, looks like we have Austrian Uzi pouches. 

They are excellent quality! I bought two more.  

Maybe Johnsonlmg41 will sell me his M.P.18,I mags before he departs.  

If anyone deserves them, it is I! image.png.c1581fffa3ab3d7b3553d1d7779f4942.png

2 minutes ago, StrangeRanger said:

Last time I checked Kufstein, Tyrol was in Austria

Like I said, Austrian Police pouches! YEA!

Thanks for the geography lesson, I'm a dunce. :)

Just now, Rekraps said:

Like I said, Austrian Police pouches! YEA!

Thanks for the geography lesson, I'm a dunce. :)

But... mystery solved. A bit of all our thoughts on this one.

20 hours ago, Rekraps said:

They are German! 

Translation:

Village Constable! These are police magazine pouches.  Construction and material indicate pre-war. 

Actually, the label says:

"Gendarmerie station command Oberau."

Oberau is a village, part of the larger settlement Wildschönau. Wildschönau is located in the Bezirk (district or county) Kufstein, which is located in the state Tirol (Tyrol); Austria is a federation of states.

There have been no gendarmerie agencies in Germany since 1946.

Cheers

HANS

On 2/4/2023 at 3:50 PM, NFA amnesty said:

Southern Germany?  You might have that southern Bavarian Twang. 😃

I am from Southern Germany, but the western part in the triangle between Switzerland and France (Baden). I rather doubt you can hear that in my spoken English, or discern that in my written English ;)

Cheers

HANS

4 hours ago, HANS said:

I am from Southern Germany, but the western part in the triangle between Switzerland and France (Baden). I rather doubt you can hear that in my spoken English, or discern that in my written English ;)

Cheers

HANS

If I recall correctly from my 400 level college Geography course, believe their is a big difference between Northern and Southern Germany.  Romans only advanced so far and then stopped by Arminius (Herman the German).   

16 hours ago, HANS said:

Actually, the label says:

"Gendarmerie station command Oberau."

Oberau is a village, part of the larger settlement Wildschönau. Wildschönau is located in the Bezirk (district or county) Kufstein, which is located in the state Tirol (Tyrol); Austria is a federation of states.

There have been no gendarmerie agencies in Germany since 1946.

Cheers

HANS

So this clears it up even more. 

1946 or so, police issue, Austrian. Good so far. 

Now, for what gun? 

Almost there guys.

On 2/4/2023 at 9:10 PM, NFA amnesty said:

Rekraps, I like it that you are NOT stubborn and open to others weighing in on various subjects.  We all learn that way.  

Kinda hard to argue when I'm wrong... :)

BTW, I received my two additional pouches and have oiled them up (Neatsfoot oil) and they are in ICU at the moment. The first one turned out just fine and the leather is now much more supple. Not as good as new, but serviceable. 

15 hours ago, NFA amnesty said:

If I recall correctly from my 400 level college Geography course, believe their is a big difference between Northern and Southern Germany.  Romans only advanced so far and then stopped by Arminius (Herman the German).   

Yeah, well, people will probably argue and mutter, but in the end, the differences are not that big. I've lived in the Northern part for over 30 years now.

Cheers

HANS

2 hours ago, Rekraps said:

So this clears it up even more. 

1946 or so, police issue, Austrian. Good so far. 

Now, for what gun? 

Almost there guys.

No, the 1946 refers only to the fact that they aren't German, definitely Austrian. The postal code (6311) indicates that the pouches date to later than 1966. This and the fact that they were used by the gendarmerie would point to them being for the Uzi.

Cheers

HANS

2 hours ago, HANS said:

No, the 1946 refers only to the fact that they aren't German, definitely Austrian. The postal code (6311) indicates that the pouches date to later than 1966. This and the fact that they were used by the gendarmerie would point to them being for the Uzi.

Cheers

HANS

Well blow me down Cap'n! Looks like except for the Police issue, I was wrong... again! Oh well, so be it. Uzi it is. 

Here are some pictures of what I received.  Hopefully HANS or someone else can translate for us.  No tags but stamped on inside flap. One has the multi line stamping and both are date stamped “GBA 1963”. There is also a handwritten property mark for the assigned station (?) on one…”GP Mettars(sp?) Dorf”. Again, hopefully someone with a better sense of the geography can help in identifying more details.

Needs a bit of TLC but for the price pretty happy. Quality construction, stitching intact, no cracks or tears with just a bit of verdigris and a slight musty smell. Should clean up nicely.

79F9325F-AA37-42A9-A8EC-6A51C4227200.jpeg

8BA9597C-511B-4B0F-9BC2-C132FE8291E6.jpeg