Our two Colt Thompson’s

Took there years ago.  I don’t think I have posted these pictures here before. Maybe not.  If so, well then you get to see these again!  Years ago, I bought my Colt 1921A from an amazing member here. A couple years after that my dad finally decided to buy his very first and only machine gun after watching me amass my machine gun collection for years. He decided to buy a Colt 1921AC. Here are pictures of both of our Colt Thompson’s, an original C drum magazine, a Colt era stick mag, as well as both my 1918 dated and my 1913 dated 1911s.  Incredible works of art.  Enjoy. 

IMG_7626.thumb.jpeg.47aeb9eb182f4f164f8667525eb4af1e.jpegIMG_7619.thumb.jpeg.82494f87cfedcaf98ccee5c8826a2d2c.jpegIMG_7620.thumb.jpeg.bbbee2da7633b3550e065baf82c5deab.jpegIMG_7633.thumb.jpeg.62d0eef40f08aba7c2733ce6a173da2d.jpegIMG_7632.thumb.jpeg.8ed82aca09b3e4949f40ec39a83e8f60.jpeg

IMG_7626.jpeg

IMG_7619.jpeg

IMG_7620.jpeg

• Like 9
  • Upvote 1

I think i remember that maybe 10 years ago now.and you talked about them. nice looking guns.{now on the white out white in} get rid of it Earl did that and a few others for pictures and sales.I thought it always looked tacky, and yep COLT never did that.i had one buyer ask decades ago ona sale if mine had the factory white lettering still on it. because it brought more dough.I thought he was jacking me around on the sale.and explained it all to him..however many like it for whatever reason, bill board to the stars i guess.

anyhow it looks like those need a touch up. my advice leave it the way it was born nice blue.

like when guys take a great original 1911 and add target sites. ora German P-38 OR Luger holster and enhance with swastika or s.s. medal or tags.tacky cornball b.s.

anyways nice guns nice pics. glad you reposted for the new fans. post-504-0-13501700-1618432711_thumb.jpg 

On 11/19/2023 at 9:38 AM, colt21a said:

I think i remember that maybe 10 years ago now.and you talked about them. nice looking guns.{now on the white out white in} get rid of it Earl did that and a few others for pictures and sales.I thought it always looked tacky, and yep COLT never did that.i had one buyer ask decades ago ona sale if mine had the factory white lettering still on it. because it brought more dough.I thought he was jacking me around on the sale.and explained it all to him..however many like it for whatever reason, bill board to the stars i guess.

anyhow it looks like those need a touch up. my advice leave it the way it was born nice blue.

like when guys take a great original 1911 and add target sites. ora German P-38 OR Luger holster and enhance with swastika or s.s. medal or tags.tacky cornball b.s.

anyways nice guns nice pics. glad you reposted for the new fans. post-504-0-13501700-1618432711_thumb.jpg 

Thanks.  I bought the 1921A with the partial white out in the markings and I like it.  I don't plan on removing it, but also don't plan on adding to it.  It's as it was delivered to me and the gun is PERFECT IMO, especially with it's matching original C drum.  If I ever wanted to remove the paint though, it would be very easy to remove.  No big deal.

• 1 month later...

Simply magnificent!  Truth be known, I like the 1911s as much as the Thompsons.  Each were, and still are the apex of design.

• Like 1