You can get upwards of $1400 for your Thompson!!!!!

1 hour ago, StrangeRanger said:

What part of bottom-feeding scumbag don't you understand?

You've gotta be a particularly cold sort of bastard to try and tell someone that their transferable that they inherited is only worth "$700-1400". Because that's exactly who they're targeting with this baloney.

1 hour ago, Maine-iac said:

You've gotta be a particularly cold sort of bastard to try and tell someone that their transferable that they inherited is only worth "$700-1400". Because that's exactly who they're targeting with this baloney.

That's exactly who I thought they were targeting too. But I'm sure that they'll do all the hassle of the paperwork.

2 hours ago, Raining Brass said:

The pics are non NFA, but the text reads "Thompson Submachinegun" throughout. 

I think even kahr refers to them as submachineguns. But I agree, some idiot widow not knowing what an nfa weapon is, is their target. 

I sent them an email from their contact info listed on the site, and said I have an old Thompson Submachine gun I inherited from my Uncle.  It is on some Form 4 from ATF  what ever that means.  It says Bridgeport Ct for manufacturer and has M1A1 listed as model.  I also indicated I might be interested in selling if I could get the 900 dollars they listed as a possible value.  

I will let you know what they come back with.  Guess I am  bored today and want to see if they are honest or not.    I do own this Thompson but did not inherit it!! 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, NFA amnesty said:

I sent them an email from their contact info listed on the site, and said I have an old Thompson Submachine gun I inherited from my Uncle.  It is on some Form 4 from ATF  what ever that means.  It says Bridgeport Ct for manufacturer and has M1A1 listed as model.  I also indicated I might be interested in selling if I could get the 900 dollars they listed as a possible value.  

I will let you know what they come back with.  Guess I am  bored today and want to see if they are honest or not.    I do own this Thompson but did not inherit it!! 

Well if they try to screw you I’ll give you $901.99. And I’ll even pay for shipping…to hell with any forms or transfers taxes. Just break it down and send it to me USPS in the $20 if it fits it ships boxes ! 😁

7 hours ago, signal_4 said:

Well if they try to screw you I’ll give you $901.99. And I’ll even pay for shipping…to hell with any forms or transfers taxes. Just break it down and send it to me USPS in the $20 if it fits it ships boxes ! 😁

That is right kind of you.  :)  You appear to be a nice guy....for you 800 bucks.

On 1/31/2024 at 10:50 PM, ppgcowboy said:

I think even kahr refers to them as submachineguns. But I agree, some idiot widow not knowing what an nfa weapon is, is their target. 

If you look closely, the "General questions" section is pretty damning, they explicitly mention that the "tommy gun" is subject to strict regulations regarding sale and possession.

>

Can anyone buy a Tommy Gun?

No, strict regulations and laws control the sale and ownership of Tommy guns in most places, making them difficult for the average person to obtain.

Why are Tommy guns so expensive?

Tommy guns are expensive due to their historical significance, limited availability, and the high demand among collectors. Additionally, the legal restrictions and rarity of these firearms drive up their prices.

Can you buy a WWII-era Thompson?

WWII-era Thompson submachine guns are generally considered collector's items and are subject to the same legal restrictions as other Tommy guns. They can be purchased by eligible collectors in some cases.

<

ergo

This is why they'll offer you as much as $1400 smackers for one!

12 hours ago, NFA amnesty said:

I knew a guy who did something like this to a local dealer who was a notorious sleaze, he sent his wife in with a particularly rare and desirable pistol (high four figures as I recall), he offered her $250 when she pretended to have inherited it, and not really know much about guns. Apparently, the guy nearly had a stroke when she declined and walked out, lol!

So, I have seen many times these scums come in after someone dies and just give pennies on the dollar. for guns. I try to tell all my older clients if something happens let me know I will help them get top dollar for them I want nothing in return. I am not on good terms with the sleaze I wonder why?