Detroit Cop Circa 1972 With Colt TSMG Is Thinking?

Well Artie you may be right. How cool would it have been for Chuck to carry a Thompson, (with a drum) instead of a S&W 76 to waste the zombies in "Omega Man". Here's a couple of photos that Chuck signed for me from the film back in the day. The story is is a great one that has probably never reached it's full potential in it's 3 film adaptations. The 1st with my friend Vincent Price was a low budget affair shot in Europe that is perhaps more truer to the novel. The last with Will Smith is complete garbage and unwatchable. Chuck's version is very entertaining.

Read the original story by the great Richard Matheson. Here's a couple of the books he signed for me years ago, one is the original paperback novel. I asked him where he got the idea for the story and what he revealed to me was most surprising as the movies made took somewhat of a different approach.IMG_20240313_0001.jpgIMG_20240313_0002.jpgIMG_20240313_0003.jpg

Mike, 

Even though the 2007 "I Am Legend" had a German Shepherd featured in the story the 1971 movie rules.  "Omega Man"  is supposed to be set in the year 1977. Neville watching the 1970 "Woodstock"  in the empty theater  proved to be excellent advertising for "Woodstock," also a Warner Brothers film, and increased that film's  box office.  That scene also inspired "Mystery Science Theater 3000."

IMG_20240313_0004.jpg

2 hours ago, Arthur Fliegenheimer said:

Mike, 

Even though the 2007 "I Am Legend" had a German Shepherd featured in the story the 1971 movie rules.  "Omega Man"  is supposed to be set in the year 1977. Neville watching the 1970 "Woodstock"  in the empty theater  proved to be excellent advertising for "Woodstock," also a Warner Brothers film, and increased that film's  box office.  That scene also inspired "Mystery Science Theater 3000."

Great performance by Anthony Zerbe as the head ghoul. Lots of good stuff in the film and a pretty good musical score. In Chuck using the S&W 76 in this film was one of the reasons that I had to have one in my mg collection. 

Edited by Mike Hammer

31 minutes ago, Maxim said:

1972?  Try 1967.  I was in Germany during the Detroit riots and had no part in them.  Ironclad alibi.

Yes. The Detroit Riots were in 1967, but this photo is credited with an early 1970's time period. There was still a lot of unrest  in the Detroit streets years later.

On 3/13/2024 at 8:40 PM, Maxim said:

1972?  Try 1967.  I was in Germany during the Detroit riots and had no part in them.  Ironclad alibi.

My father was 4 years old in 1967, and he didn’t even have me until he was 35 😅

What was it like for you gents to witness the Gettysburg Address in person? Did president Lincoln really have that big of a top hat 😛

Edited by Duza9999

You know the great pyramids? I’m the guy that came up with that triangle idea.

54 minutes ago, Duza9999 said:

What was it like for you gents to witness the Gettysburg Address in person? Did president Lincoln really have that big of a top hat 😛

On 3/17/2024 at 4:37 PM, Duza9999 said:

EVERYONE gets old (well the lucky ones get old) the only way to stay young is to die young.

On 3/17/2024 at 5:32 PM, Mike Hammer said:

You know the great pyramids? I’m the guy that came up with that triangle idea.

You may have, but it was i that thought of the "dropping stone block" security feature for the main passages!

20 minutes ago, colt21a said:

post-504-0-32026200-1607977022_thumb.jpg

That's us now Ron. Respect your elders, they've been there and done that. learn from them and you will be the wiser for it. 

• Like 1