After four and a half months... It's here!

Whelp, these things have a funny way of happening when you least expect it. After driving six hours back from Massachusetts with a new/ used Buick LeSabre, I was sitting in the third level of purgatory (the DMV) when I got a ping in my inbox telling me that yes, the day had come. My form 4 for my first Thompson had been approved! 

The shop that had possession of the Thompson was located two hours away, and closed in an hour forty five. 

Anyhow, ignoring those minor details, mission success! I'm now the proud owner of the 1928A1 S/N A026237. Which as I understand it, places its production as during 1940. 

What a day! 

Credit to SP Sarge for helping me make the connection with the folks out in Arizona who were selling this Thompson. 

PXL_20240426_231925907.MP.jpg

PXL_20231018_193349439.MP.jpg

• Upvote 2

Congratulations on your AOC Bridgeport Thompson. The AOC Bridgeport plant started producing Thompsons in August 1941.

It is one of the earlier AOC serial numbers I have observed.

if you do not own American Thunder book by Frank Iannamico I would recommend you get one while they are available. It is the best written source of information.

Edited by Bridgeport28A1
Dates

They gave you a small briefcase to take it home in.congrats the first is really always the best.....classic history there.

that is all we need to know.

1 hour ago, Bridgeport28A1 said:

Your thread title is after four and a half months…It’s here!

Was your Form 4 that cleared in 4-1/2 months an eForm or paper Form 4?

E-file trust. Had a correction a few weeks in (that the feds ignored). Won't argue with results! 

Just found this damaged barrel at a show, guy offered to sell it to me for scrap value if I pulled the cutts and the forearm bar off. 

I have a peculiar desire to cut the crushed portion off, and make an integrally suppressed barrel. 

PXL_20240427_171729475.jpg

16 hours ago, Maine-iac said:

Whelp, these things have a funny way of happening when you least expect it. After driving six hours back from Massachusetts with a new/ used Buick LeSabre, I was sitting in the third level of purgatory (the DMV) when I got a ping in my inbox telling me that yes, the day had come. My form 4 for my first Thompson had been approved! 

The shop that had possession of the Thompson was located two hours away, and closed in an hour forty five. 

Anyhow, ignoring those minor details, mission success! I'm now the proud owner of the 1928A1 S/N A026237. Which as I understand it, places its production as during 1940. 

What a day! 

Credit to SP Sarge for helping me make the connection with the folks out in Arizona who were selling this Thompson. 

PXL_20240426_231925907.MP.jpg

PXL_20231018_193349439.MP.jpg

That sir, is a fine looking piece. 

45 minutes ago, anjong-ni said:

Hey, let's hear more about that Buick LeSabre!...

Congrats on BOTH acquisitions!      Phil

2002 Buick LeSabre Limited, 93k on the clock, and damned near zero rust or wear and tear. Previous owner kept it in a garage and used it as a "Sunday driver" before passing. 

Bought it for $1500. 

Thing runs on rails, the alignment is perfection itself. 

Only issue is abnormal oil consumption. Unsure (yet) if it's a leak, or oil rich combustion. 

PXL_20240425_160941637~2.jpg

Congrats on your form approval! Glad I was able to help connect you and the seller :)

Now you just have to make the trek out to Ohio sometime for one of the TATA or TCA events.

Enjoy buddy. 

Maine-iac,

Congratulations on your new Buick, ah...and Thompson too! I can't help you with the Buick oil consumption, but you may find the below thread interesting reading. It appears you have a very nice Auto-Ordnance Bridgeport (AOB) Thompson submachine gun. As SP Sarge suggests, think about attending the Hill family, All Thompson Show & Shoot, for members of The American Thompson Association later this year. You just missed a fabulous time the TCA Show & Shoot this weekend. There will be someone at the Hill family show & shoot that can help you with the oil consumption issue and will have 3 tables full of NOS Thompson parts for sale! Spoiler alert: He has paddle safety levers! 

12 hours ago, TD. said:

Maine-iac,

Congratulations on your new Buick, ah...and Thompson too! I can't help you with the Buick oil consumption, but you may find the below thread interesting reading. It appears you have a very nice Auto-Ordnance Bridgeport (AOB) Thompson submachine gun. As SP Sarge suggests, think about attending the Hill family, All Thompson Show & Shoot, for members of The American Thompson Association later this year. You just missed a fabulous time the TCA Show & Shoot this weekend. There will be someone at the Hill family show & shoot that can help you with the oil consumption issue and will have 3 tables full of NOS Thompson parts for sale! Spoiler alert: He has paddle safety levers! 

While that sounds like a lovely time, I don't know if I can manage to make it down all that way. Though, the mention of safety levers makes me consider finding replacements for mine. While functional, they're... Lacking. 

PXL_20240429_015303886.thumb.jpg.ca044cb9ef8e08089e4e1e0accf6e58f.jpg

Also, I'm quite pleased with the fitment of the Thompson in the home guard transit case I made. 

PXL_20240429_012919482.thumb.jpg.76402c76c0581a5601dc7a344c83b6f0.jpg