Michael Freed from PA

Bmarvin,

I thought the same thing when I say the add on Sturm this morning. If someone were going to pay these high prices they should feel out the seller first. Smells fishy to me, unless the poor soul just happens to have a similar name and sell Thompson parts.

Ron

If I recall correctly, Mr Free was using a similar or perhaps the same alias when he got caught selling guns in violation of the bankruptcy court orders which ultimately led to him being incarcerated for contempt.

Below is another posting for other mg parts by Michael. I found Michael by yet another 3rd party post for ammo that seems reasonable. Spoke to Michael on the phone and he knows his mg stuff but this all has got me thinking. Deal was for down payment with final payment at Kreek. He says he is a part of the Wild Brunch, which I know goes to Kreek. Anyone a part of this group or would know?

http://www.sturmgewehr.com/webBBS/parts.cgi?read=344015

Below is another posting for other mg parts by Michael. I found Michael by yet another 3rd party post for ammo that seems reasonable. Spoke to Michael on the phone and he knows his mg stuff but this all has got me thinking. Deal was for down payment with final payment at Kreek. He says he is a part of the Wild Brunch, which I know goes to Kreek. Anyone a part of this group or would know?

http://www.sturmgewehr.com/webBBS/parts.cgi?read=344015

"The Wild Bunch" is one of the longer running, well established groups on the firing line at the Creek.

They are toward the right end of the firing line, and will have a sign hung somewhere identifying them.

The late, very nice Lou Pacilla was a member of the group; he had one of the largest collections of WWII German machineguns in the country. For instance, seven MP43/44s, just for starters.

Sadly, he passed away around six years ago, and his collection has since been liquidated.

You can see some of Lou's collection in some of the better books.

Edited by mnshooter

Mr Free is still under the supervision of the bankruptcy court and all of "his assets" are technically assets of the Bankruptcy estate and only the trustee, with court approval has authority to sell them.so, if this is Mr Free, he is again openly violating the orders of the court. he is to be sentenced shortly for the counts for which he has been convicted. this might affect his sentencing. anyone who sends money is at risk if he does not deliver the goods. the bankruptcy is a matter of public record so anyone who deals with him will be accepting the risk that Mr Free has their money and they will not get the merchandise.

All I know is the phone number listed in some of the ads is the same phone number Free used in 2011 when he was first caught selling the assets of the Bankruptcy Estate. Might not be him. Could just be a huge coincidence, but I think not.