Very Cool Picture of British Soldiers and TSMG

For those interested i would like to share this picture ive found online, i recall i havent seen that many time around, but it looks very cool. Especially because of the high resolution and recoloration.

hope somebody find it interesting.

post-260702-0-76467900-1500044147_thumb.jpg

Looks like a still from a movie?

Regards

AlanD

Sydney

I have seen this photo before among some Thompson pictures but don't recall any caption with it.I also wondered if it was a still.but someone among the membership here would likely have told us by now if it was. After all we'll watch anything if there is even a rumor that there is smoke from a Thompson gun in it! The soldier on the left looks older to me and they bear a resemblance to each other but that may just be the mustaches. Could it be a British father and son?

Found this reference for the photo:

RCAC soldiers armed with Thompson SMGs, training in the UK, ca 1943. (Library and Archives Canada Photo, MIKAN No. 4232742)

http://silverhawkauthor.com/small-arms-in-the-new-brunswick-military-history-museum_398.html

​Stay safe

Richard

I just found this picture on the internet, I can't picture this being a very practical or affective way to fight off a German invasion unless you're fighting them in a paved parking lot

If taken just after Dunkirk, times were desperate, after just leaving a large quantity of military equipment & transport on the beaches and roads leading to Dunkirk etc,. so I guess that they thought anything worth a try, research and development..... then again the photo could just be a soldier messing around....

Stay safe

Richard

Here is another Colorized Tommy with Tommy, but with magazine:

Caption:

Corporal M Smith of the Duke of Cornwall's Light Infantry posing with a Thompson sub-machine gun

in the San Angelo area of Italy April 1944

Corporal M Smith of the Duke of Cornwall's Light Infantry posing with a Thompson sub-machine gun in the San Angelo area of Italy April 1944.jpg

Corporal M Smith of the Duke of Cornwall's Light Infantry, posing with a Thompson sub-machine gun in the San Angelo area of Italy, April 1944.2.jpg

azboater,

The colorized Tommy with a Tommy pic reminds me of the last scene in Michael Caine's movie Play Dirty where a Brit cuts him and another guy down at the end where you think they're going to make it back alive. I cant seem to find that clip anywhere.

azboater,

The colorized Tommy with a Tommy pic reminds me of the last scene in Michael Caine's movie Play Dirty where a Brit cuts him and another guy down at the end where you think they're going to make it back alive. I cant seem to find that clip anywhere.

Play Dirty was filmed in Almeria, Spain, just up the road from me.

http://www.western-locations-spain.com/almeria-top-20/playdirty/index.htm

A popular setting for many movies, including some of the 'Spaghetti westerns' starring Clint Eastwood.

Stays safe

Richard

I just found this picture on the internet, I can't picture this being a very practical or affective way to fight off a German invasion unless you're fighting them in a paved parking lot

This photo has appeared in a number of publications about the Home Guard. It would seem one HG unit tried this, the idea being that the guys with roller skates would be used as messengers. Once there was a bit of rubble about it would be game over. Needless to say the idea did not catch on, but became news worthy at the time anyway.

Regards

AlanD

Sydney

Filmed on location in Spain as was "Rat Patrol". Loved "Play Dirty" for the most part. Except they tried to make it too reflective of the 1960's and featured many of the same technical inaccuracies that were so prevalent in Rat Patrol. Edited by Waffen Und Bier