8 Colt Thompsons For Sale Now on Gubroker!

Fellow Enthusiasts: There are Presently 8 of These Survivors on Gunbroker.

Wow!! Never See That Many Colts For Sale. It Would be So Interesting To Hear

Members Critique These Examples,

1921 Colt Thompson submachine gun - Machine Guns at GunBroker.com : 766906324

Do you mean 9488? Not colt stock.

Seller claims 9488 shipped in 1930 to PD. Enlighten me...Whats not original about it? I talked to Seller who is selling for an Estate. The Former owner

passed away.. Same seller sold one about a week ago that was a NAC manufactured gun in the 50s on a colt receiver. That one brought $25k which surprised me!!

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/767510762

I guess I misunderstood you when you say not "colt stock" do you mean the buttstock or that the gun is just not original???

Edited by Haris357

Considering the one Doug is selling is pricewise very near that - makes you wonder. Yes, Doug has replaced some parts (been already discussed).

"Nate" should be happy tomorrow night - watch and see that one.

It will be interesting to see the final bid on NO 9193. The slightly bulged barrel really hurts what would be a pretty nice Colt's. I know, slightly bulged is like being slightly pregnant! Given today's prices, if the price stays below 30K, this may make someone an excellent shooter grade Colt's. I would rather have NO 9193 at 30K than NAC 8, which recently sold for 25.5K.

There you go! That's why I ask... the knowledge on this forum is unparalleled. (My mistake, yes 9488).

/john

Sold for $37,526 was that a fair price??

Gun looks VERY nice. 37.5 was a steal IMO.

You are not missing anything.

There is one other really nice one at 25k

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/768673960

This one is VERY nice except for the slightly bulged barrel near the Cutts.

Up to 28K with 6 hrs left.

If I didn't have one I'd be a bidder.

Edited by lightguy

I never did the math so four of these Thompsons Equals a nice home today. Back in the day you had ten Thompsons. Worth around $50 grand, and a $250 Grand House. seemed about right.

In bizarre Thompson world today You have Ten Thompson's worth $500 Grand, and $200 Grand house.

The Balance never seemed to work for me. The homestead should always be worth way more than the Toys of Cycles, Cars and Thompson's. That is how you kept the Wife Happy.

I do remember going to Ohio once for a collector he kind of lived in a shack home and outside garage. kind of falling down. Great gun collection. worth way more from the house and property. When I asked why? His answer well if I bought a nice car and a better Home with Furniture and stuff. I could not afford to buy all these COOL GUNS.

IRV. did it right in Ohio. he got the mansion style house first. And got all the toys a little later on.

Remember that next guy at the gun show with tattered T-shirt and straw hat smelling of Cheeto's driving The beat up van with the NIXON STICKERS Is sitting on over a 100 Thompsons in his basement. Thompson Gold. ha ha. Everybody have a good week. and good bidding.

Colt 21a Ron