All Thompson Show And Shoot For 2014

The American Thompson Association is proud to announce the 23rd All Thompson Show and Shoot will be held at The Thompson Convention Center in Ohio on Friday, August 1st and Saturday, August 2nd, 2014. If you are an American Thompson Association (TATA) member, you know to make your hotel reservations now as this is a popular time and place in Ohio. TATA members who have never attended the Hill family Show & Shoot need to put this event on their bucket list. You will see and learn more about the Thompson submachine gun than you ever thought possible. And you will get to meet and talk with many of the "personalities" that post on this great forum. Display tables are free; show off your Thompson(s) and accessories.

If you are not a TATA member now is an excellent time to join. For $30 you can join an organization international in scope, has fantastic members, receive four very informative newsletters, and attend the 2014 All Thompson Show & Shoot. It does not get any better than this for a Thompson enthusiast!

Information about The American Thompson Association and an application form can be found at the following web address:

http://www.nfatoys.com/tsmg/tata/Default.htm

The membership application is located on a link in the upper right hand corner. Feel free to review some of the past year's newsletters.

Tom Davis, Jr.
Past President
The American Thompson Association

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A quick bump to the top so no one will forget this Show & Shoot is just around the corner. It is still time to get in your registration information. You need to be a member of The American Thompson Association or a guest to attend. The link in the first post should take you to a site where everything is available to join/register. I will be glad to assist anyone with questions (send me a PM or leave a message on this thread).

Arthur, my offer to include you on my registration form as a guest is still open. You can ask Tracie questions all day about his books and collection. Seriously, you would be welcome.

Arthur, my offer to include you on my registration form as a guest is still open. You can ask Tracie questions all day about his books and collection. Seriously, you would be welcome.

TD,

Have you ever seen Arthur in person? I haven't. How about anyone else?

I have often wondered if Arthur is actually Tracie Hill and the only reason he criticizes the Ultimate Thompson book is to get people to buy it.

Just a theory.

Jim C

Jim C.,

No, I don't know Arthur. He has decided to remain anonymous in this age of the Internet. When I first joined this Board I was curious; not so much anymore. However, I have enjoyed our banter on different topics. I believe most of the topics we have "discussed" offer some serious insight into questions that have not been fully answered or resolved. Often times I just take a position to spur on the discussion, never revealing what I believe. I am usually more evidence or documentation based in my positions. I do not think Arthur is Tracie Hill but respect your opinion. I do know The American Legend sold out and I believe sales of The Ultimate Thompson Book are very respectable given the niche subject matter and $150 price tag.

I did speak to Tracie earlier this week and he told me that he is needing to receive a few more registration packets for the upcoming All American Thompson Show so he will have a proper head count to make the final arrangements. Yes, as a TATA member you can show up at the last minute and be admitted at the door but it really makes it difficult on the Hill family. If you are planning to go, I ask that you get your registration packet in the mail to Tracie this week. As a past president of TATA, I will be glad to help any first time attendees or anyone with a problem. Leave a post or send me a PM.

My offer to Arthur remains open!

http://i414.photobucket.com/albums/pp227/Colt1928/TATA%20Images/fd48561f-7683-402b-bd01-7753604e63a2.jpg

All,

My sincere thanks to American Thompson Association Past President Tom Davis for posting the notification of the upcoming American Thompson Show and Shoot this August 1st and 2nd in Granville, Ohio. My apologies as well for not posting a notification to the Thompson Board earlier.

As Tom mentioned, it is extremely important to get a head count for planning the event. If any of the Thompson Board members are interested in attending, please get your reservation into Tracie Hill in the next week or so. I would encourage any new Thompson owners or enthusiasts to consider attending. You will see some of the finest and rarest Thompson in any collection anywhere and it is a great place to learn about the Thompson if you are new to the hobby or just want to learn more about this historic firearm.

The link for the application is below:

http://www.nfatoys.com/tsmg/tata/show_and_shoot/page00001.htm

The link has last year’s dates on the first page, but simply print out the 2nd, 3rd and 4th pages with the application and reservation information and mail you reservation to:

Tracie Hill
P.O. Box 8710
Newark, OH. 43058-8710

Remember; please consider getting your reservations in ASAP for one great weekend of Thompson collecting fun and excitement. If anyone need further information please feel free to contact me on the Board PM or post your question in this thread. Nearby hotel information is also included on the form.

Thanks for your support of the American Thompson Association.

Sincerely,

Chuck Schauer.
President

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Last call for the 2014 American Thompson Association Show and Shoot. Just bumping this up once more for any last minute Thompson Board members that are considering attending. You will some of the finest Thompson Submachine Guns in any collection at the show and will have an opportunity to shoot and talk Thompson stuff with a great bunch of people. Even if you don't own a Thompson but just want to find out more about them you are welcome to attend. You will have a great time.

Chuck Schauer

President

Gents,

Wish I could be there, this is on my bucket list. I want to shake everyone's hand. My daughter Megan is turning 20, and this is her birthday weekend. Following that she is heading back to out of state college, and as some of you know, I have missed way too many events in her life. Please hold a toast to "Sandman" in respect for all those he has served with, and all those who through all the challenges our Nation has faced. You guys remain my inspiration and I am glad to be one of your aquaintances.

Regards to all. (Megan is on the left)

Semper Fi,

Steve Daughtridge

USMC Retired.

Cassie and Megan3.jpg

Steve

I also have this event on my "to do list".

I have met some mighty nice folks on this board that I hope to meet in person one day- including you.

No doubt you are making the right decision by staying home with you daughter and the rest of the family.

I remember they used to tell us " If the Marines had wanted you to have a family they would have issued you one"- that was something my wife never quite agreed with!

Anyway- have fun you guys!

S/F

Jimmy

DD

That is a bummer Dave - especially since I thought you were doing the lecture with Ron!

Hope Kelly can hold on.... or it could be a very quiet lecture!

Edited by giantpanda4