NEXT OGCA MEETING CANCELLED

Copied from Facebook.

Friends, if you are a member of the Ohio Gun Collectors Association I need you to listen up. We had an emergency board meeting today and in deference to the current Corona Virus outbreak in Ohio and the fact that most of our members are older, we have decided to cancel the OGCA meeting at the Robert's Convention Centre this coming weekend March 14 & 15th, 2020. Feel free to help us get the word out by sharing this message.

Thank you

Timothy Dale Inwood

OGCA Director

I think that was a wise decision especially when considering possible issues for our older folks. However, I think this Corona Virus threat is being way overblown by the media. So far we have lost over 20,000 people this year from influenza. South Korea has done extensive testing with their population and the death rate is under 1 percent regarding the Corona Virus. Of course if you have a compromised immune system, on chemo, have cardio vascular or respiratory issues, then this virus can kill you.

Too bad you had to cancel but think most folks will understand.

Edited by NFA amnesty

I think that was a wise decision especially when considering possible issues for our older folks. However, I think this Corona Virus threat is being way overblown by the media. So far we have lost over 20,000 people this year from influenza. South Korea has done extensive testing with their population and the death rate is under 1 percent regarding the Corona Virus. Of course if you have a compromised immune system, on chemo, have cardio vascular or respiratory issues, then this virus can kill you.

Agree

Your post is spot on. It was not an easy decision but one that we had to make.

Sherman Kirkland, 1st VP O.G.C.A.

Edited by sherman3
  • Upvote 1

FWIW The State of Ohio just banned public gatherings of more than 100 people so OGCA would have been shut down anyway even if they had not acted preemptively.

As of 0900 today the Medina Gun Show which is a commercial show open to the public was fully planning on going on despite the threat. At 1600 they were forced to shut it down.

I was planning to go to OGCA this weekend. Bummer!

Has anybody heard anything about the Tulsa gun show for the first weekend of April? I have plane tickets for that. I guess I might as well throw them in the garbage.

Curl

From the Wanenmacher's Website: March 13, 2020, It is with great regret we are announcing the cancellation of Wanenmacher's Tulsa Arms Show April 4 & 5. In light of current events, we do not want to put our exhibitors, spectators or employees at risk. For over 65 years we have held two shows a year without exception until now. For the safety of everyone involved, this is the right thing to do.

Additionally, we are very concerned that the Governor of Oklahoma will follow the example of other states and limit the number of people allowed to gather in one space. Should this happen, we want to give everyone as much time as possible to change their travel plans.

If you reserved tables for the April show, money and tables will transfer to the November 14 & 15 show. If you were on non-renewable tables, alternate tables will be assigned or a refund given.

If you purchased Advance VIP tickets, those may be returned to the store where you purchased the ticket or it can be used for entry to the November 14 & 15 show.

We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused, and look forward to seeing everyone in November.

Edited by inertord