TCA Show & Shoot - 16 & 17 Sep

The TCA Show and Shoot is scheduled for 16 - 17 Sep at the Tusco Rifle Club in Dennison, Ohio.

The club's address is: 2132 Midvale Mine Rd, SE Dennison, OH 44621 Tuscarawas County.

We have a group rate at the Hampton Inn, 1299 West High Ave New Philadelphia, OH 44663 at $119 +tax/night. Call the hotel directly at 330-339-7000 ask for the "TCA group" rate.

More details are on the TCA web page at: http://www.thetca.net/Pages/ClubPlans2.aspx

See you there.

Bill Troy

I'm new to owning a Colt Thompson. Is this the BIG annual Thompson get together? I know there is the largest one every year. Just wondering if this is it. If so, I may need to head up to Ohio with my 21A for this. Sorry for sounding like nOOb, but I am one. Thank you!

There are actually two Thompson Show and Shoots every year. One is TCA, and is the one being discussed here. The other is TATA, and it is in August this year. Both are in Ohio. There is another thread about the TATA show.

You can find many of the same folks at both events. The two clubs do function in a similar manner as far as the overall events go, they both feature a show and discussion/presentations. The second day usually is a shoot.

There are differences. Not worth really discussing them in too much detail, either one is a great event to attend. I suggest both, I am a board member of each club and fully enjoy them both.

The event mentioned in this thread may cater to the shooter more. There are several shooting events, 5-6 IIRC. Lots of fun. If you do not want to shoot your Colt - some guns usually are available as loaners.

• 1 month later...

Bump to the top - as we all had so much fun at the last show/shoot, it is time to get planning for the next one in September!!

All of of who plan on attending... please send in the show / shoot info in your TCA newsletter (or use the link above) so we can update our count. I know many of you pay at the door, but we would like a better idea of headcount.

Also bt3_guns already mentioned a place to stay with a group discount. Take advantage if you wish - we have stayed there several times and it is decent.

Any guests that want to show up please send me a PM. I will add your name(s) to the list.

Thanks and I think this year ought to be a great show as well as a great shoot. We will certainly have excellent presentations!

There are two Thompson events I look forward to every year. The Hill family All Thompson Show & Shoot for members of The American Thompson Association and their guests and the Thompson Collectors Association Show & Shoot. The All Thompson Show & Shoot was fantastic. I expect the same in September at the TCA Show & Shoot. I have no doubt the Officers and Directors of TCA are working hard to make this a great Thompson weekend. Help giantpanda4 help you by responding to his message, above.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am getting ready right now. The Show & Shoot is in Northeast Ohio this upcoming Saturday and Sunday. If you think you can make it, contact giantpanda4 for all the details. It is well worth the trip!

Looks like I'm going to try to make it to this event on Sunday and bring my niece. Frank I. says we can come as his guest. TD, bring some of that ammo you talk to me about at TATA every year, you made need it this time.

I've been trying to make it to this shoot for years and have had multiple invites however my hectic retired schedule (and fishing) have always gotten in the way. Hope to see many old friends and meet a few new ones !! See you there !! Chuck

Had a great time visiting with friends and the displays were great ! Wish I could of stayed longer but had work commitments I had to return home for. Thanks to all the members for their great displays.

Indeed it was a great time! I can second Darren's comments - always good to meet up with Thompson friends. Saw some new faces too - always happy to see more youth interested in this hobby.

And of course, the remaining 5 St. Louis PD guns were there. And gone in one day. Thanks Roger for bringing those directly to the enthusiast community.

Hopefully when we all get home and the dust settles, pictures will be posted. It was a weekend of great weather, fantastic food, really interesting shooting, and excellent displays.

It was an excellent show and shoot. Hat's off to the Officers and Directors of both the Thompson Collectors Association and the Tusco Rifle Range. I was too busy to take many pictures but here are few for those that missed out on the fun. These were the last five remaining STL PD Colt's for sale, including 2 Model of 1927AC's. It was great seeing the frame removed from the receiver of one of the Model of 1927's and the semi-automatic internal parts being shown to the members of TCA. Where else are you going to see something like this! Or even be able to hold a Model of 1927? I know 4 of the Colt's sold within a few hours. There may be a 21AC left...or not.

My favorite picture is of the TCA Greeting Cadre. Perhaps, TCA should rethink this...(just kidding guys - great work)

Board members should try to attend this Show & Shoot next year. While this Forum is filled with excellent information and several quality books on the Thompson gun are available, there is nothing like seeing the guns and accessories in person. And meeting new friends with the same interests. New displays and members are always welcome. If you have not been to a Thompson Show, you are really missing out on one of the best aspects of the Thompson community!

TCA S&S 2017 - STL PD Colts resize.JPG

DSC_0702 resize.JPG

Home from a long drive. Had a great time. Great displays to see and people to talk to. Much information can be learned from books on Thompsons, but the real way to learn them is to talk to the people with years of practical knowledge using and studying them. I encourage everyone who loves the Thompson to attend a TCA or TATA show. I wish I could make both shows every year. It's a long drive for me but well worth it. TD's presentations on the St.Louis Thompsons and GPC C Drum were awesome!

We all benefit greatly from his information. It was very cool to see the 1927ACs I'm sure I will not get a chance to handle one again. It's much more impressive to see one in person than in photos. See what you all missed! Thanks to Roger for bringing them and allowing us to manhandle them.

Had a lot of fun at the shoot. Did very well on the standard course of fire. Not so well on the death star and last man standing. Loved the Run and Gun. Or in my case and a few others. The "Walk fairly swiftly without falling down and Gun" I cleared all stages but the bowling pins. Left two standing.

If I would shoot my gun more than just twice a year, I'd give John and Tom a run for their money ;)

Many thanks to the Tusco Rifle Club for use of their range. It's a fantastic place to shoot. Thanks to the Bosio family for making everything run smoothly. John went above and beyond. I hope everyone appreciates his effort. Thanks to Bill Troy and the ROs for keeping us focused and safe. Nobody went home with any extra holes!

Thanks to all who prepared the food for us. Very Very good. I do not go away from there hungry!!

Vince

Edited by mgvince

Anyone get a picture or two of Colt Chopper's new Helicopter, on arrival or departure ? Cleveland Times said he flew in with the President of the NRA on board. His crew had come in two days earlier to set up his Baby Face Nelson Thompson display, according to his website. ( Lynette Gillis )

Any photos of the event would be appreciated, yes, even those without CC that don't require permission to publish.

OCM