GB 1928 Overstamp

Curl,

Agreed, maybe not mint, but it looks to be in pretty good condition. Nice first style compensator on it, too!

There's one way to find out. Bid!

Mint it is not.

Curl

I agree it looks like a nice one. I'm not running it down. I just get tired of people describing a gun as "mint" when it shows substantial wear.

http://www.gparmory.com/ListingDesignerApp116CopyCopyCopyCopyCopyCopyCopyCopyCopyCopyCopyCopyCopyCopyCopyCopyCopyCopyJan272014Monday103319/image9.JPG

Nevertheless, I would be proud to own it.

Curl

Can you believe your lying eyes.

Check out picture #4, down from top. Looks like a mint gun.

Now check out picture #3, down from top. A receiver with many lite scratches. Not mint--same area of receiver.

Photography can surely deceive.

Like everyone said, it would be a nice gun to own ,but don't pay a mint gun price.

Jim C

I am by no means an expert but i judging from the photo's i would think the gun would sell for $30-35,000.

It has a lot of wear and scratches plus the LE engraving will appeal to some and be a problem to others.

It is still a nice Colt Navy but I think the seller is being unrealistic.

Oh that LE engraving on this one REALLY stands out... note he "hid" it until later pics.

And I remember it went to $28.5K last time without meeting reserve. So then it was at least that!

Sounds like the seller really doesn't care if it sells. My best guess would be around 30K (+-).

Doesn't mint mean, like "NIB"? I've never seen a mint original Colt Thompson.

Ron, that's pretty clever, it took awhile to get it. I'd prefer cherry, maybe it's cherry, for sure not mint:-)

-Darryl

Wonder if the seller would know a two piece actuator from a black one piece with a " S" stamped on it ? Buffer, bolt etc. ? That get's REAL scary.

Value on it: My 28N has some scratches on it, great patina, tie in with the Whitey Bulger gang, case, L drum, 4 XX Box, rod & clean kit, I wouldn't probably do less then 35-37. ( and pry my fingers off it, haaa) So, I'd say this thing is a 28-31 gun.

OCM

Overall it`s not a bad example of a Navy...remember it was possibly re-barreled in the 20s-30s...depending on whose opinion you subscribe to...too bad about the added P.D info...29K wasn`t high enough...sure like to see the actuator if I was going to bid 30K+.. :happy:

Wonder if the seller would know a two piece actuator from a black one piece with a " S" stamped on it ? Buffer, bolt etc. ? That get's REAL scary.

Value on it: My 28N has some scratches on it, great patina, tie in with the Whitey Bulger gang, case, L drum, 4 XX Box, rod & clean kit, I wouldn't probably do less then 35-37. ( and pry my fingers off it, haaa) So, I'd say this thing is a 28-31 gun.

OCM

OCM,

The actuator is in the white, not blued, I think all WW2 actuators were blued. So odds are its the correct actuator.

But the cooling fins on the barrel look a little on the thick side. This would worry me the most.

Jim C

Yes, the buffer pilot is not blued( black ) nor has the paper clip hole , shows very clearly in the one pic. Probably didn't take them out for the photo as he didn't have the JC Spring Install tool.

Sounds like the seller really doesn't care if it sells. My best guess would be around 30K (+-).

Doesn't mint mean, like "NIB"? I've never seen a mint original Colt Thompson.

Ron, that's pretty clever, it took awhile to get it. I'd prefer cherry, maybe it's cherry, for sure not mint:-)

-Darryl

Glad somebody got it! Thanks for not leaving me hanging out there Darryl

It's a nice gun and compared to many you see it could be called mint, but not by the actual definition of a mint gun. Thinking further, maybe the reserve price indicates that it will take a mint to buy this gun.

- Ron