TSMG Colt Parts for sale by Mike Free(D) on the boards!

I guess he is raising funds for his commissary account in the lock up! I can't imagine anyone would trust him to do a honest transaction... LOL. I'm a bit disappointed to not see any FG 42 mags or parts!

PTRS

Edited by PTRS-14.5

I cannot believe the prices...

1928 a1 bolts nickel finish some discoloration due to storage $300 pistol grip ($75) buttstock with crossboil $85 1928 a1 barrel new ($800) 1928 a1 actuators early like new $300 WW2 auto- ordnance 50 rd drums $1350 1928 a1 buffer pilot + nylon disc and spring $150 1928 a1 H block new $150 Thompson m-1 butt stocks new stripped with out cross bolt block new $150

Roughly 2-6 times the going rate....

The listed prices are insane. Why pay $150 for a $25 Blish lock. $150 for a buffer pilot, recoil spring and a recoil pad (about $40 normally). Like Panda said, 2-6 times the going rate on everything.

there were members of the board victimized by Mr. Free. Here is the latest I could find. Based on conversations with the Trustee, I thought that he was to report to prison in early January so it may be a while before orders can be filled.

https://www.justice.gov/usao-wdpa/pr/judge-sentences-north-huntingdon-man-convicted-bankruptcy-fraud-two-years-federal

Been casually acquainted with Free for over twenty-five years or more,first meeting him through mutual friends at Knob Creek. First impression at the time was that he was shifty, inattentive and very self-centered. Tried to do some business with him but long periods of time would go by between communications and prices would get raised, and other annoyances. As many found out who tried to deal with him, gained a very poor reputation, often along the lines of being a thief and liar which seems to be clearly the case as I followed his dealings with the bankruptcy proceedings in PA over several years. He continues to go to KC and continues to advertise as Freed. Clearly a pretty stupid squirrel and not playing with a full deck in my view.........FWIW

He is now a prohibited possessor. the trustee auctioned of just a few guns to generate proceeds to satisfy his debts. the guns selected for auction though generated more than enough money. the balance of the guns remain his property, although he may not possess them. The trustee thought that the balance of the guns would be transferred to a relative (perhaps a daughter) who was going to take possession. they may or may not come up for sale.

Edited by DLansky

I bought some stuff from him at the last creek, COD only.. It is rather stunning he was even there. He doesn't need the money, it's not about that. I don't know if anyone really knows what it is about.....not even him?

The whole thing is rather bizarre. I've found it difficult to communicate with the guy. Friends....or former friends tell me he was not always this way, but no one knows what happened or isn't talking? Sad story really with no happy ending I suspect.

I held an original FG 42 Type G once... I felt like I was in a dream. They sure are heavy on the left side. That was unloaded. They are such light weapons 20 rounds of 8mm would really pull it down on the left side.