A Couple of Colts

Wanted to share a pic of my Colts, excuse my sorry photography. I'm trying to learn.

Top one has a neat history, owned by known mobsters in East St. Louis then went to the St. Louis PD.

If only it could talk! The bottom one was a Montana Prison gun. They ain't much but I'm proud of them.

Both have cut down 28 actuators and Savage bolts in them for shooting, don't want any miles on the Colt Parts.

1-DSC_0052.JPG

Edited by cubguy
  • Upvote 1

Beautiful, wise to change out the internals for shooting.

Photos look good to me !

Thanks-

Sorry Bud, no room for modesty here. Those are amazing pieces. Thanks for sharing!!!!

Jim, these are Colt 1921s, just WWII guts for shooting them.

The Colt parts are in the safe and labeled in case anything happens to me

they will stay with the proper gun.

Very nice Colts!

I'm impressed with the furniture, they appear to have untouched originals.

Darryl

Colts that nice; I'd be afraid to take them out of my safe, much less shoot them. Even with GI internals.

I understand that. But life is short and I've waited 40 years to get these.

I am trying to be a good custodian I'm super careful with them no reloads only name brand ammo.

I don't do 50 round mag dumps just 20 round stick mags usually when I use a drum

it's either a WWII or a repo. I think I shot each of the NY drums once or twice for fun

Cubguy, you've got a nice set of Colts there. Life is indeed short. Enjoy them to the fullest.

Bob D

Very Nice! I hope you are able to display both Colt's at an American Thompson Association (TATA) and/or Thompson Collectors Association (TCA) Show & Shoot in the near future. Thank you for sharing!

Admiration added from my end. They sure look great and you're a fine custodian of 'em I'm sure. Sometimes it's best to keep the Colts in the barn like you're doing with a little workout once in a while.

Very Nice! I hope you are able to display both Colt's at an American Thompson Association (TATA) and/or Thompson Collectors Association (TCA) Show & Shoot in the near future. Thank you for sharing!

Tom,

I really want to go to the TATA show, but it's 20 hours driving. Anybody from Texas going and want to carpool?

I read on the forum about flying with machine guns and doesn't sound like a good idea. I guess I could ship

them ahead of time.to Tracie or ?

Though I haven't flown with the Thompson, I've flown with other guns multiple times.

As long as you have your paperwork and you follow the TSA guidelines for how your firearms case is supposed to be, it shouldn't be a problem.

Very, very nice pair of Colts..... I'm in the "they were made to be fired" club too.. As long as they're not abused, they'll outlast all of us. Thanks for sharing!

I'm in New Orleans so I know what u mean about driving 20 hrs, I attended Tracys once and TCA twice. Enjoyed both. You should try and make them at least once, great people and a lot of fun. I hope to make it next year.

Mike, It's good to see you out and about and posting!

Darryl