Classic Rolls-Royce Silver Ghost Comes With Hidden Submachine Gun

real nice. When John Dillinger was arrested in Tucson, he was driving a new 1934 Hudson. He gave the car ( yes he purchased it ) to his attorney Rose Silver ( I think that's the last name ) She in turn gave it to her nephew, WHO some years later claimed they found a Thompson behind the backseat.....

YAWN.

Cool car especially with the thought of cancelling the TSMG in the running board.

Thanks for posting.

OCM

I noticed that, all beat to hell, flat comp pin, split wood etc. Said deactivated, that may mean a lot of things. I've seen running boards with all sorts of things but certainly not a Thompson compartment. Pretty cool.

It appears to be a Savage Thompson, so if the story is true, it's not original to the car.

Eventually, I will write an article about 100 Colt Thompsons that went to China in 1923, along with a 1917 Stutz Bearcat. This Rolls story reminds me of it. I have the bill of sale for the Stutz, and a lot of info about the Colts, along with an intriguing story of the San Francisco man who served as the front to export said items to China. He made his mark in another profession, for which collectors seek his original items today...

David Albert

dalbert@sturmgewehr.com

I think for over 400,000 dollars the auto should include a gun built from one of Recon Bob's or D. Richardsons superb recievers and all original Colt parts!!

In 1966 a friend who lived in New Jersey visited his brother who owned a junkyard in Philly.That mornings adventure was the scrapping of a 1936 Packard Phaeton found in a soon to be raised warehouse.Upon removing the gas tank before crushing,a secret compartment was discovered containing 4 21 Colts w/drums...alarmed by this find all contents were turned over to the beat cop walking past the yard...today the total would be 500k-a million or more...wonder what the cop did with those Colts?

I can't imagine that RR used the plywood visible in the box in the original construction of this car. The underside of the lid is also very crudely made.

I'm guessing that's the original tool compartment for the car, like the long hand-crank, jack, tire tools, hand tools would be in there. Lot had a leather or even felt lining, where the tools would fit snugly in place.

I bet this is a retro fit, possibly for a good story, or whatever. Pretty obvious on all levels.

In 1966 a friend who lived in New Jersey visited his brother who owned a junkyard in Philly.That mornings adventure was the scrapping of a 1936 Packard Phaeton found in a soon to be raised warehouse.Upon removing the gas tank before crushing,a secret compartment was discovered containing 4 21 Colts w/drums...alarmed by this find all contents were turned over to the beat cop walking past the yard...today the total would be 500k-a million or more...wonder what the cop did with those Colts?

sitting in someones gun safe today. unregistered most likely