Thompson Display at Michigan Antique Arms Show Feb 4-5

The American Thompson Association will once again have a display at the Michigan Antique Arms Show on Feb 4-5. Also present will be the SVDM guns. If you are in the area, please stop by and say hello. If you're not in the area, hop in the car and come visit. It's well worth the trip! Several MGboard members will be there as well.

The show is located at The Suburban Collection in Novi Michigan and is open to the public Sat 9-5 and Sun 9-3.

http://www.michiganantiquearms.com/

The show itself is primarily pre 1945 guns and related militaria.

Ron

• 2 weeks later...

There are several West coast collectors, but I am not sure if they have gotten together for a display anywhere recently. I know in the past SAR used to be a meeting point, but I am not sure if that is still the case. Hopefully someone can chime in. There also used to be west shoots as well, but not sure on those. At the moment, the two clubs have shoots in Ohio late summer. If you get the excuse to come out to either, you will have a great time and see some amazing collection.

Ron

Edited by ron_brock

Ron,

Just wanted to thank you for your involvement in promoting the Thompson Shows in your role as the current President of The American Thompson Association. Keep up the good work, you're doing a great job!

I think they hit you up for $6.00 to park and I think entrance is $5.00 or $6.00 per person. The show is around 300-400 tables and has a mixture of items. I would say more WWII than anything else, but not necessarily submachine gun related. At times there are more antique guns and at times more WWII-ish. It's the best gun show in Michigan for people who like anything other than modern. I know there are a few guys that drive up from Ohio, but it is not nearly as large as OGCA. Out of state TATA members and Berrien County keep coming back so there must be something they like despite the huge snowstorm we had two years ago.

Ron

• 4 weeks later...

Adding photos of the rest of the display. Quality it not great, but you get the idea. A special thanks again to all who brought items for display, helped out or just made the trip up to see us. As always, it was a blast and the display was well received. I didn't take any photos of the SVDM guns, but the display was excellent again. Every year I see something new or learn something new.

IMG_1280.JPG IMG_1281.JPG IMG_1282.JPG IMG_1283.JPG IMG_1284.JPG IMG_1285.JPG

IMG_1286.JPG IMG_1287.JPG IMG_1288.JPG

IMG_1289.JPG IMG_1290.JPG

IMG_1291.JPG IMG_1292.JPG IMG_1293.JPGIMG_1294.JPG IMG_1295.JPG

Ron

Edited by ron_brock

Ron,

Looks like a good show and a great display! I'm hoping that the TCA club will continue its SAR East

participation in the Harrisburg PA shows. I'm hearing now that it may come to end due to logistic problems.

Darryl