Thompsons for sale

Here is link to auction site has 5 Thompson for sale and some other machine guns like M60's and Uzi's, also drum and stick mags, mag holders and Thompson Parts
https://www.icollector.com/Session-1_as81365?r=977411&c=mgnuabervucoagppaecoknpnonrffgsxktqnufgn?t=UPCOMINGAUCTION_EMAIL&r=977411&td=2022.04.07&ec=3855935

Edited by Curtis264

Omaha Police Department purchased 11 Thompson submachine guns from Auto-Ordnance. I believe at least four of these guns were engraved and marked (receiver, frame and wood to various degrees) with the police department name - NO 6246, NO 7410, NO 8674 and NO 9661. More could have been engraved but these are the ones I know about.

The "estimates" for the sale prices seem very low, at least for the Thompsons(I don't know anything about the other guns being offered). A real Colt 1921 estimated to sell for $17,500-25,000? Even with all the "Omaha PD" markings, I wouldn't think that would reduce the value much.....

Proxibid does not do NFA stuff anymore. RIA has a work around - they show it on Proxibid and say "item not available on Proxibid". Kinda smart.

I see it on the link from Icollector, not Proxibid. If it is there on Proxibid now, it will probably be removed.

Mills the Omaha guns get them up bro...

Being a native Nebraskan, its interesting to me that the OPD marking in script is the same font as their daily newspaper title, the Omaha World Herald. Maybe the paper lent them the plates? That PD mustve had a good sized budget for arms. R.K. doesnt miss a thing.

Kw614 Semi-Automatic version of the M1928 Thompson SMG. Manufactured in 1984 by Auto-Ordnance Corp. Issued by the American Historical Foundation, Richmond VA. 614th of 1500 made. 18' finned barrel. 24 kt Gold plated Cutts compensator, rear sight housing, trigger, sling swivels, charging knob. All markings highlighted in gold. Korean War medallions inletted in buttstock and left grip. Comes with 20 rd stick magazine, and sling. Bore is excellent/bright. In almost new condition, believe unfired. Comes in a glass topped wood display case with brass plaque. NRA Condition-Excellent, Modern Firearm.

https://www.icollector.com/Auto-Ordnance-Thompson-Korean-War-45-ACP_i44781624

Omaha Police Department purchased 11 Thompson submachine guns from Auto-Ordnance. I believe at least four of these guns were engraved and marked (receiver, frame and wood to various degrees) with the police department name - NO 6246, NO 7410, NO 8674 and NO 9661. More could have been engraved but these are the ones I know about.

What was year of purchase, do you have that info?

What was year of purchase, do you have that info?

Ron,

Gordon's Thompson reference has eleven (11) shipped on 10/15/1930 to the Omaha Nebraska PD. c/o Chief of Police John J. Pszanowski..

Edited by gijive