Ruger AC556, UZI, M11, or? Anyone in this group have an extra sub or machine gun that you may be willing to sell me? I think there are many cons out there advertising items they don't have and wanting to cheat people out of their money. Just thought I would put it out. My budget is between 9K up to 14K.

Thanks

Tom
Edited by tom silver

That budget would get you a nice Vector/Group Industries Uzi. There are almost always a few being offered. Mags and accessories are easily found, along with conversion kits in .22 and .45.

These are really nice guns. I was fortunate to buy one brand new, directly from Vector. Their story here:

http://www.smallarmsreview.com/display.article.cfm?idarticles=2867

So you're no longer limiting yourself to a C&R gun?

Then I second the Vector Uzi recommendation. If you get an Uzi other than a Vector, make sure that (like a Vector) it is a registered receiver gun not a registered bolt. In the extremely unlikely event of the bolt breaking, you just drop a spare one in your registered receiver. If the bolt is the registered part you're out a few thousand $$. Any damage to the receiver itself can be readily repaired

So you're no longer limiting yourself to a C&R gun?

Then I second the Vector Uzi recommendation. If you get an Uzi other than a Vector, make sure that (like a Vector) it is a registered receiver gun not a registered bolt. In the extremely unlikely event of the bolt breaking, you just drop a spare one in your registered receiver. If the bolt is the registered part you're out a few thousand $$. Any damage to the receiver itself can be readily repaired

thanks

I have a full size IMI Uzi. I like it--more so than the MP5 platform.

If I had about 15 grand looking for a home, I would look for an American 180. That is one of the neatest subguns out there!

Those are cool subgens for sure. I would like to get a full size UZI if I can. Is yours 45 or 9?

I have a full size IMI Uzi. I like it--more so than the MP5 platform.

If I had about 15 grand looking for a home, I would look for an American 180. That is one of the neatest subguns out there!

Interesting.. I will have to try a uzi one of these days.

I love shooting MP5.

The American 180 is definitely fun.. Pain to load the drums though. I'm currently 3d printing a ladder for it inspired by M60Joe loader.

If you're going UZI registered bolt is the way to go. I have both and virtually no one shoots .45 out of an uzi. There are a few who mess with the rimfire, but that's a novelty item much like the rimfire setup for my Browning 1917.

Uzi bolts are indestructible and very fixable (more so than sheet metal receivers) if you're the second guy in world that messed one up somehow?

If I was a new guy/shooter on a budget I'd go with an M11/9 and the upgrades hands down. Nothing wrong with an Uzi, but the prices for now have eclipsed their overall value, especially as a shooter.

Did a few hours at the range the other day with a mix of transferable guns and it's no cheap date. A group of young guys came over and I let them shoot a few, but sadly the odds of them affording any of this stuff are slim. They will have their facechat videos etc. and stories for years about their random trip to the range on a rainy day. I had a lot of fun watching!

20220528_1232541.jpg

If you're going UZI registered bolt is the way to go. I have both and virtually no one shoots .45 out of an uzi. There are a few who mess with the rimfire, but that's a novelty item much like the rimfire setup for my Browning 1917.

Uzi bolts are indestructible and very fixable (more so than sheet metal receivers) if you're the second guy in world that messed one up somehow?

If I was a new guy/shooter on a budget I'd go with an M11/9 and the upgrades hands down. Nothing wrong with an Uzi, but the prices for now have eclipsed their overall value, especially as a shooter.

Did a few hours at the range the other day with a mix of transferable guns and it's no cheap date. A group of young guys came over and I let them shoot a few, but sadly the odds of them affording any of this stuff are slim. They will have their facechat videos etc. and stories for years about their random trip to the range on a rainy day. I had a lot of fun watching!

attachicon.gif 20220528_1232541.jpg

Thanks a lot for the advise. UZI's have gone up like 60-70% over the past 2 or so years. Really not cool. I own a Ingram M7 which I like a lot. Got it at auction about 2 years ago for 7K. I would like a 9 to shoot. 45's are still pretty expensive. On the M11's which make would you recommend? Thanks TKS

I would probably look for an M11/9 SWD which if I recall is the most common. That said, when aftermarket parts/uppers come out, they all start with that because that's the biggest market share to sell to.

I have a powder springs M10/9 and no one's even bothered with a magazine for them. It's a far better quality gun, but they just didn't make that many.

I haven't personally taken plunge for new M11/9 uppers, but I have looked, and the variety including the 223 uppers provides serious options for the M11/9 owner. R+D and new products are constant because of the sheer numbers of M11/9's in the registry.

Back in the day for a fleeting moment there were M11/9 M249 and RPD uppers that dramatically tripled the prices of M11/9's in a short time, and while it didn't pan out, it did inspire others to proceed down the path. Back then when 7.62x39 and .223 was .08 a round the potential market for beltfed Macs was on fire. I continue to hold several M11's because there are always new things in the works for them.

Best of luck in your quest!

I would probably look for an M11/9 SWD which if I recall is the most common. That said, when aftermarket parts/uppers come out, they all start with that because that's the biggest market share to sell to.

I have a powder springs M10/9 and no one's even bothered with a magazine for them. It's a far better quality gun, but they just didn't make that many.

I haven't personally taken plunge for new M11/9 uppers, but I have looked, and the variety including the 223 uppers provides serious options for the M11/9 owner. R+D and new products are constant because of the sheer numbers of M11/9's in the registry.

Back in the day for a fleeting moment there were M11/9 M249 and RPD uppers that dramatically tripled the prices of M11/9's in a short time, and while it didn't pan out, it did inspire others to proceed down the path. Back then when 7.62x39 and .223 was .08 a round the potential market for beltfed Macs was on fire. I continue to hold several M11's because there are always new things in the works for them.

Best of luck in your quest!

thanks a lot. What is a good price for one of them?

A nice thing about the UZI open bolt guns. You can shoot the old machine gun only ammo and almost double the rate of fire. It's only good in a heavy, open bolt gun.

Eric

uzi ammo.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

My first SMG was a SWD M11. A bullet hose. Uncontrollable rate of fire.

First upgrade was a Lage upper. Transforms what is really a piece of junk into a first-class SMG. Had a Gemtech Viper silencer which Richard made an adapter for to attach to his upper. A cool set-up.

When I had mine Richard had not started producing the .22LR kit for his upper. I sold my set-up some years ago now with the specific goal of getting into C&R WWII sub-guns with my thinking being they would prove to be a better investment and still fun to shoot.

Sort of wish I still had it with the .22LR kit now available. Have thought about a 180.

I'd probably get an Uzi if I had to do it all over, which I would have liked to have had. Of course, they aren't cheap now.

Robert

P.S., I really like my C&R STEN MKII which you can get one for less than an Uzi and a tube gun for even less.

Edited by Robert Henley