Favorite NFA item!

Rekraps

4 hours ago, Rekraps said:

Rich, that picture is awesome. The gun is just wonderful and I sure wish I had one. Everytime I think I have a good collection, someone like you posts a pic! First it was the Stoner and now this! What next, a BAR!

Thank you, I looked for a very long time to find the right deal on a BREN.
Well, actually the right deal came along twice!
First time I wasn't seasoned enough to recognize it, then years later I was presented another BREN for the exact same price!
When fate favors you like that, you know you have to take the deal.
That Stoner 63 is truly a rare gun, and certainly deserves to be the highlight of any collection.
I have a M1918A2 BAR, and it too has earned a spot in the history of the US Army.
However, I prefer the handling of the BREN.
In the picture I have fitted the wood handguard of the Swede M1937 as I like the feel of it better than the blocky issue part.

Richard

IMG_20231010_0815424.jpg

8 hours ago, APEXgunparts said:

First time I wasn't seasoned enough to recognize it, then years later I was presented another BREN for the exact same price!
That Stoner 63 is truly a rare gun, and certainly deserves to be the highlight of any collection.
I have a M1918A2 BAR, and it too has earned a spot in the history of the US Army.
In the picture I have fitted the wood handguard of the Swede M1937 as I like the feel of it better than the blocky issue part.

Richard

IMG_20231010_0815424.jpg

Very nice looking gun! 

On 1/5/2024 at 1:17 AM, APEXgunparts said:

Richard

IMG_20231010_0815424.jpg

I just looked at your BAR again.... gorgeous!

16 hours ago, Rekraps said:

I just looked at your BAR again.... gorgeous!

Thank you, the gent that sold it to me was "upgrading" to a Winchester.
This gun is a NESA, but growing up in New Hampshire it seemed a good fit for me.
I switched out the black butt stock for a early brown one with the opening for the monopod.

Richard

IMG_20231010_0813126.jpg

Edited by APEXgunparts
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, 1gewehr said:

Easy choice!!  Savage M1917 Lewis .30-06.

image.jpeg

Love the helmet. You can always use it in a Frisbee tournament!

For me it's my Sterling as I love the simplicity, smooth shooting and reliability it affords.  With the two complete parts kits and mags that I have it should last my daughter long after I'm gone.  I may change my mind in the future though when the 7.62X39 conversion becomes available for my Post-86 Bren MKII. ;) 

Scott, you are posing a very difficult question. I assume  that you mean, "what is your favorite Class 3 item to shoot that you own?". As that would put some kind of boundaries on an otherwise very massive array of hardware. Well, there is nothing quite like the feeling of a hundred round drum dump with a Thompson with a single trigger pull, it's very cathartic, I've enjoyed that on many occasion. Then there is the full auto fire from my original Armalite AR10 in 308, which is a truly a handful and I think harder to control than a BAR because of it's light weight. Another favorite is my MP38. It's so easy to control and so smooth, it's an absolute pleasure to shoot 

Mike H.

Edited by Mike Hammer

18 hours ago, Mike Hammer said:

Scott, you are posing a very difficult question. I assume  that you mean, "what is your favorite Class 3 item to shoot that you own?". As that would put some kind of boundaries on an otherwise very massive array of hardware. Well, there is nothing quite like the feeling of a hundred round drum dump with a Thompson with a single trigger pull, it's very cathartic, I've enjoyed that on many occasion. Then there is the full auto fire from my original Armalite AR10 in 308, which is a truly a handful and I think harder to control than a BAR because of it's light weight. Another favorite is my MP38. It's so easy to control and so smooth, it's an absolute pleasure to shoot 

Mike H.

Of course! That's why I rely on my fellow Forum members to keep me straight. I find it odd however, that there is not a single mention of a M2 .50 BMG.

On 1/15/2024 at 9:47 AM, booger hooker said:

For me it's my Sterling as I love the simplicity, smooth shooting and reliability it affords.  With the two complete parts kits and mags that I have it should last my daughter long after I'm gone.  I may change my mind in the future though when the 7.62X39 conversion becomes available for my Post-86 Bren MKII. ;) 

I had almost forgotten about my Sterling! You are right in that it is a super pleasant gun to shoot, and like you I have tons of accessories, enough to last a lifetime! Plus, it's just a well made gun, and Oh the mags! Best ever made.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/13/2024 at 12:02 PM, fifthmdec said:

Very nice, from Bulgaria, correct? Nice MG42 or MG3. 

Circle 10 so Bulgarian for sure. Bulgarians have really strange "PKMs". Really they are modernized PKs. 

The other is a MG42/59 with my custom designed (by me) optic mount. 

20231015_135839.jpg

2 hours ago, Ryo said:

Circle 10 so Bulgarian for sure. Bulgarians have really strange "PKMs". Really they are modernized PKs. 

The other is a MG42/59 with my custom designed (by me) optic mount. 

20231015_135839.jpg

Outstanding, although I had to laugh at the red-dot. At 1,200 rounds/minute who needs a sight!

But I always seem to go back to this! Easy to shoot in the backyard, very impressive rate of fire, hard hitting and fun as hell!

C&R Kanaar, Vietnam gun!

M76 Thumper.jpeg

3 hours ago, Rekraps said:

Outstanding, although I had to laugh at the red-dot. At 1,200 rounds/minute who needs a sight!

More like 700-800 fire rate since MG42/59 is like a MG3. Heavy bolt,etc. 

This is more closer to 1000rpm..

PXL_20201011_211508316.PORTRAIT-01.COVER.jpg