Favorite NFA item!

Rekraps

4 hours ago, Ryo said:

More like 700-800 fire rate since MG42/59 is like a MG3. Heavy bolt,etc. 

This is more closer to 1000rpm..

PXL_20201011_211508316.PORTRAIT-01.COVER.jpg

I am stone jealous! Is that C&R?

Picking a favorite is tough; there are so many fascinating NFA items to choose from!  I am very much a history buff who is into the "old stuff", so perhaps (??) my favorite is the WWI German Bergmann LMG 15nA . . . a "bullpup" type design that was 80-100 years ahead of its time (IMO).  From what I have read, the German military found the Bergmann LMG 15nA to be a better design than the MG 08/15, but phased out the Bergmann and concentrated on 08/15 production becuase the 08/15 was already in service in larger numbers and had so many parts that are interchangeable with the MG08.

IMG_6820.jpg

IMG_6823.jpg

IMG_6826.jpg

IMG_6830.jpg

IMG_6832.jpg

IMG_6834.jpg

IMG_6838.jpg

5fqqmqs44p911.jpg

15nabergm.jpg

4380692345_73b2ba04b3_b.jpg

21 hours ago, APEXgunparts said:

The MG34 is a fun gun to shoot.
Not much to adjust on it, so they tend to demand a select types of ammo.
Good belts help too.
Nice that they have a box it all fits into!

Richard

July 10 A.jpg

IMG_20150704_144147.jpg

IMG_20160530_173254.jpg

If you ever want to sell, send me a note. I suppose you have extra barrels etc. also.

10 hours ago, Rekraps said:

If you ever want to sell, send me a note. I suppose you have extra barrels etc. also.

Thank you, the MG-34 is a nice gun.
It came from OOW some years ago.
I have a good range of accessories and spare parts for it.
Never have found the right deal on a tripod though.
APEX has a good supply of original barrels on hand.

MG34 parts, manuals and barrels

Richard

23 hours ago, MS Collector said:

Picking a favorite is tough; there are so many fascinating NFA items to choose from!  I am very much a history buff who is into the "old stuff", so perhaps (??) my favorite is the WWI German Bergmann LMG 15nA . . . a "bullpup" type design that was 80-100 years ahead of its time (IMO).  From what I have read, the German military found the Bergmann LMG 15nA to be a better design than the MG 08/15, but phased out the Bergmann and concentrated on 08/15 production becuase the 08/15 was already in service in larger numbers and had so many parts that are interchangeable with the MG08.

4380692345_73b2ba04b3_b.jpg

that is an awesome gun!  At first glance it looks like a mini Solothurn.

...and decades ahead of it's time.  The sights look a bit fragile and the bipod would probably provide more stability if it  were mounted a bit further forward but the location is in line with the contemporary German practice on the MG08/15.  For 1915 though it's truly revolutionary.  I've never ever heard off much less seen one before.  Thanks for sharing

Edited by StrangeRanger
spellling

On 1/26/2024 at 1:15 PM, Rekraps said:

I am stone jealous! Is that C&R?

Not transferable. Premay. 

So hard to chose what I like best.. Having a lot of fun with a PM-63.

20231116_021526.jpg

Edited by Ryo
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

That’s a pretty rare gun there. Considering there were only a little over 1100 AR18s produced and probably only a few shorties in that total. I personally have never seen one although I do have a regular AR 18. 

On 1/28/2024 at 4:44 PM, Ryo said:

Not transferable. Premay. 

So hard to chose what I like best.. Having a lot of fun with a PM-63.

20231116_021526.jpg

Definitely a strange and interesting firearm.  Did you see the Forgotten Weapons videos on the PM63?  Ian really disliked it but he dislikes stocked pistols in general.  In the At the Range video there's a clip of another shooter bouncing the slide off his Oakleys.  Food for thought.

4 hours ago, StrangeRanger said:

Definitely a strange and interesting firearm.  Did you see the Forgotten Weapons videos on the PM63?  Ian really disliked it but he dislikes stocked pistols in general.  In the At the Range video there's a clip of another shooter bouncing the slide off his Oakleys.  Food for thought.

That is too cool.

After thinking about it a bit more, and some lively discussions on the "K" forum, I've decided to  cast my 50 votes for the "K". Just an excellent all around, vintage gun that looks tough, is tough and shoots 100% of the time.

• 2 months later...

I ask myself this question all the time. It really depends on the day... Right now, it's between the MG34 and MP5k. Other days, it's the BREN or AM180. Life is full of important choices

IMG_4978.jpeg

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Zohan said:

I ask myself this question all the time. It really depends on the day... Right now, it's between the MG34 and MP5k. Other days, it's the BREN or AM180. Life is full of important choices

IMG_4978.jpeg

Dude, those are spectacular! Shoot in the backyard? Ha!

This weeks favorite..... the Vollmer MP.   Who doesn't like a built in monopod?    With 3 additional 40 round mags and pouch.  Have a manual copy and WW2 bring back paperwork with it.  Wonder what they would offer in the Cabela's gun library?

We'll see what the next few weeks bring, but I'm sure it will be Russian?

20240420_172659[1].jpg

• Like 2

On 2/14/2024 at 6:36 AM, StrangeRanger said:

I enjoyed shooting of it. It was a easy shooter and it's pretty much a novelty. Ian and others will have different opinions. Originally I didn't care much about it.. but I started to like the weirdness about it and after firing it I liked it.

Definitely holding it correctly so it doesn't hit your eye pro is true. You don't want to get overly aggressive with it. I suppose I could have chosen my MP5.. just about everyone likes shooting that one.

1 hour ago, johnsonlmg41 said:

This weeks favorite..... the Vollmer MP.   Who doesn't like a built in monopod?    With 3 additional 40 round mags and pouch.  Have a manual copy and WW2 bring back paperwork with it.  Wonder what they would offer in the Cabela's gun library?

We'll see what the next few weeks bring, but I'm sure it will be Russian?

20240420_172659[1].jpg

Did you get it from Morphy’s about a year ago? If yes, well done sir,  I had a top bid on line bore it went live

33 minutes ago, Rekraps said:

You're not in Georgia are you?

Everyone in GA got a back yard range? 😂  I am in Jacksonville I do own some land I shoot at in south GA but it’s an hour away so I need to fill out a form 20 every year on every MG

Edited by Zohan

2 hours ago, Zohan said:

Everyone in GA got a back yard range? 😂  I am in Jacksonville I do own some land I shoot at in south GA but it’s an hour away so I need to fill out a form 20 every year on every MG

My surburban ATL county allows me to shoot if my lot is  adequate... and it is!